I am a mess! :(

Options
Guys, I don't know what is going on, but I am a serious mess right now.

Ever say something and wish you could take it back the second it is out of your mouth? Or click send on an email and know immediately that you just made a big mistake? Did that 3 times today, and one of them is going to have consequences.

My moods are all OVER the place. I go from laughing to screaming mad at the drop of a hat, and I cried 3 times this week for NO reason whatsoever.....

I am in the best physical shape of my life, I love my boyfriend and we are in a good place, so no problems there. Financially...never perfectly happy but I am ahead on all the bills and have a good chunk in the bank. My kids are happy and healthy.
I am NOT pregnant so don't even say it!

What is WRONG with me?!?!?!??

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    Do you have depression? Have you been tested for bi-polar disease? Just trying to get more info.
  • kcjordan66
    Options
    We all go through that as women, I would think...hormones, all the responsibilities, etc. If it continues more than a couple of weeks though, you should see a physician about possible depression.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Does this happen during your TOM? Is your TOM the same as it was before you had this problem? Have you started taking a new medication recently?

Might have doctor check out your hormone levels. As I was approaching my period, as my estrogen levels changed a little, I had this 'urge to kill' thing going on. I was in pretty good shape the rest of the month.

Or, are you eating 1200 calories a day? Low blood sugar makes me short-tempered, so I eat some protien to feed me without feeding a sudden sugar increase.

Check with your Doctor. Your body my be trying to tell you it is changing.

Hugs, :drinker: (water)
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? Any caffeine issues? Are you eating ok? Kids starting school? Sometimes it's something that seems so small, just poking at the back of your subconscious... keep trying to figure it out, and keep trying to do better. And by all means, apologize when things come out of your mouth (or over email) that you wish you hadn't said. You may not be able to take it back or undo it, but an apology goes a long way if it's honest and heartfelt, and reflective..... hang in there! Hope things go better for you soon!!!

:smile: :flowerforyou:
  • AshPolette717
    Options
    I have this same problem too. I think my reason is strressed but even my best friend says were women, our bodies aren't even sure how to keep up with our minds. I cry all the time, and my fiancee thinks I'm depressed too. Sometimes after a while I am fine but I'm just learning how to control it to keep my body in check. Yoga and deep breathing sometimes helps too. :) xoox
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I would encourage you to schedule an appointment with your physician to discuss this and request blood work drawn to test your thyroid, and hormone levels among other things. While you don't necessarily sound depressed, that is still what popped into my head as I have dealt with that and cycled through some pretty rollercoaster emotions prior to getting treatment....which by the way, works wonders! This sounds like you need to plug into a professional.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i"m the same way but i"v stop smoking and iM straving on this diet (hcg) plus im:laugh: at that age where everything on me is heading south:tongue: whats the old saying life is happening :ohwell: sometimes we do things we should not do or say are lesson is the consequences, i learned when i was young . not to say anything or do anything that dose not benfit others or it come back to bite you:flowerforyou:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I agree. If it continues maybe seek out the advise of a doctor. You could just be in a funk and as said before, all women go through this. I hope you get to feeling better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I get like this if my calorie intake is too low. I can't drop below 1400 calories a day without exercise if I do I start flying off the handle for no apparent reason. I completely understand how your feeling.
    Look at your food diary and see how your calories work with your moods or against them. Maybe you'll find a simple solution. I use the note area at the bottom for things like Really hostile today, or tired and craving sugar. It helped me see a pattern.

Good luck and remember this too shall pass.:flowerforyou:
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    it might be PMDD is it anywhere near that time of the month? because i know i get really screwed up every third period or so.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • makpitt
    makpitt Posts: 18
    Options
    It could also be due to a hormonal imbalance. Schedule an appointment with your doctor and tell them what's been happening. Also record when you are feeling this way. You might have a thyroid imbalance that can make you feel depressed. Please go and see your doctor. Take care of yourself because you are important. Best of luck and let me know how it goes.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You are stronger then you think
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Been there... go see your doctor. If it's a "he" & you have a good long term relationship with him, great. If not, I would seek a female gynecologist.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Do you notice the mood swings are worse before you eat something? I have a diabetic daughter and with diabetic's they can tend to get very moody when thier bloodsugar is low. Have your dr check to be sure you are not diabetic.
    As the other's have said too depression could be it, how old is your youngest? Post partum depression I believe can settle in for quite a while after you have a baby.
    Good Luck hope you figure it out soon!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    Right now I feel fine...it's weird....

My youngest is TEN, not likely postpartum...
    I have never had any issues with thyroid or diabeties (that I know of...I know it's possible to have them start later in life)
    And I have never been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, or any kind of "disorder".

I do have an appointment but it's in 2 months...best they could do...whatever:grumble:

I am thinking most likely hormones. I can't go by when I "should" have TOM because I don't.
    I have the Mirena IUD and I haven't had a TOM since it was put in.
    But every so often I get bloated, crampy, irritable, headaches, backaches...so I assume that's when I would normally be having TOM. But I haven't kept track of my moods along with these symptoms to tell if they should be classified as PMS or not.

My appointment is with my OBGYN, and I intend on asking her if the Mirena could be causing any of this and possibly look into having it removed and just get sterilized instead.

Thanks for all the responses. I felt better practically right after writing that post. And I was eating lunch at the time come to think of it. Maybe I was just really hungry....there might be something to this "low blood sugar" suggestion....I used to eat a lot of crap and now I eat really healthy so maybe I'm getting way less sugar than I used to and my body is freaking out?

Perhaps I'll start writing down my moods and what was going on at the time I felt like that so I can track it better.

Thanks everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    the birth control and its effect on your cycle could be a culprit. also, sometimes sh@t just happens....hunger can definitely get one on edge: don't forget those healthy snacks. regular snacking also helps keep your blood sugar levels consistent (unless they are bad snacks which you say you are off of anyway). i'd say just give it a little time and like you say keep track of your ups and downs. and hopefully, the one with "consequences" you are worried about will blow over and be less of a big deal than you think... also, don't forget, any kind of management position can be stressful so that can catch up with you, too...
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Guys, I don't know what is going on, but I am a serious mess right now.

Ever say something and wish you could take it back the second it is out of your mouth? Or click send on an email and know immediately that you just made a big mistake? Did that 3 times today, and one of them is going to have consequences.

My moods are all OVER the place. I go from laughing to screaming mad at the drop of a hat, and I cried 3 times this week for NO reason whatsoever.....

I am in the best physical shape of my life, I love my boyfriend and we are in a good place, so no problems there. Financially...never perfectly happy but I am ahead on all the bills and have a good chunk in the bank. My kids are happy and healthy.
    I am NOT pregnant so don't even say it!

What is WRONG with me?!?!?!??

It could be stress, are you under a lot of stress? Sometimes, when I am stressed I feel like I could rip somebody's head off, it is not a nice feeling :frown: (not sure they would appreciate it either lol)

Sounds suspiciously like hormones though, I know it sounds like such a cliche, but those hormones have a lot to answer for you know.

Regarding sending emails, oh how I wish there is an "unsend" button :laugh:
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    My appointment is with my OBGYN, and I intend on asking her if the Mirena could be causing any of this and possibly look into having it removed and just get sterilized instead.
    <snip>

I've never used Mirena, but I was on the pill (levonorgestrel) for about 8 years -- had the EXACT same symptoms, fine one minute, enraged beyond belief the next, endless crying -- I was even having manic depressive kinds of episodes and developed terrible anxiety attacks. I finally decided to try going off the pill, and within 6 months I was back to normal. It's DEFINITELY something to discuss with your OBGYM.

Good luck, hon! <hugs>
  • dottedone
    Options
    Robin,

Take a deep breath. It isn't pregnancy. It isn't something you can point a finger at and say 'aha'. It just is. Again, take a deep breath. It just is. Say to yourself... It just is.

Life rocks and life rolls and no matter what 'it just is'.

You are one of the most awesome persons I've ever met web-wise and it's been, what, 2 years now? rock on...

It is natural to want to point and say 'this is it'...this is the cause. But sometimes, there is no 'it'. I'm going through that right now. I say to myself 'sometimes there is not it' and just go forward. Forward Robins, my dear, Forward.

Take a deep breath. You rock and you roll and guess what? lol...you know what... love ya babe.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Like pretty much everyone here I have tried most all the "diets" and pills on the market. One pill in particular realllly messed me up with the same symptoms you are describing. Chromium Picolinate messes with my blood sugar levels. I just can't take it in any vitamins.