What makes you/your mate a great companion/spouse?

Options
I'm looking to step my spouse-game up ;) lol. Just kidding. I just love love and wouldn't mind hearing about the little (and big) things that make you/your spouse feel loved, respected, and appreciated.

I'll go first...

I am a great spouse because I always make the time to make my husband breakfast and dinner--usually I'll make him lunch too if I'm not in class when he's at work. Speaking of which, I'm actually making homemade chicken shawarma right now! :)

I also ask him every day how his day went and honestly listen--some days he's less talkative but I ACTUALLY want to know.

He moved cross country for my last year of school and quit his job so that we could be together.

He massages my feet almost every night.

He listens to me b*tch about the changes my body has gone through as I try to get my reproductive issues sorted out (lots of hormones, tests, and general discomfort).

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    My right hand multi-tasks.

But as for my ex, what was great about us was that we loved each other unconditionally and I never needed to be anything but me with her and she never tried to be anything but her with me. We just knew each other and loved each other for the person we were.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options

But as for my ex, what was great about us was that we loved each other unconditionally and I never needed to be anything but me with her and she never tried to be anything but her with me. We just knew each other and loved each other for the person we were.

But she's now your ex...there has to be a story behind this one Taunto.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am very loving, caring, try to look good for him, cook for him and never ever nag him! I know men hate that ;)
    I am genuinely very proud of how much he has accomplished and smart he is, so I try to be the best i can:)

He always makes time for us at home even if he has to stay late and finish work, we can talk about everything, he is a awesome father to our daughter. Let's me sleep and stays up with our daughter when I am tired, supports and motivates me in everything I want to do. Let's me be myself all the time :)

Love my man :heart:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    We just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in August! We both love Jesus! My husband is the head of the household! Our main goals are the same and we support and encourage each other's dreams. And we laugh and talk about any and everything! We both cook, clean house, do laundry, grocery shop, It's a true partner ship!! But the main thing is communication which includes listening and actually hearing each other! And compromise !! ????.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    He sexts me - in Italian, in the middle of my day. He always always tells me how cute/sexy/smart I am - every day.

I cook for him, every day, even if it is whipping up a couple of eggs. It is always healthy and delicious.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I couldn't afford her hourly rates anymore :(
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    We just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in August! We both love Jesus! My husband is the head of the household! Our main goals are the same and we support and encourage each other's dreams. And we laugh and talk about any and everything! We both cook, clean house, do laundry, grocery shop, It's a true partner ship!! But the main thing is communication which includes listening and actually hearing each other! And compromise !! ????.

Congratulations! That's fantastic! We love Jesus too and I truly believe that it is a crucial component of our marriage. Loving God together helps us love one another better!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Were still in the early stages, so pretty much everything. Lol.

The main thing is that when we are together, I feel at ease and at peace. The world just kind of stops, and we are the only ones in it. I often look at her and she is absolutely the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. When we are together, I can't stop touching her. In some way or another, we are always touching each other. We have strong energy with each other. I can just be myself and I don't have to try to be anything else than just me.

Had you asked me 6 months ago, I would have said that love is bullsh!t. For the first time in my life, I truly feel that I may have met my perfect match.

That's so fantastic. So, happy for you! I hope she knows how you feel! :)
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    He's just one of the best people I've ever met in my life. He's intelligent, he makes me laugh every single day (sometimes even on purpose!), he bags and boards my comics cause I'm too lazy... all in all, just about perfect. And I... have an awesome rack and make delicious food.
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    He's bulking, I'm cutting. I make him fatty, high protein/calorie meals. He makes me healthy, lo-cal meals. We motivate each other and give each other construction criticism. He tells me when I'm being too hard on myself. We are both Pisces.. "Just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl"