Make-Up at the Gym?

Options
I dont really like to look at others while im at the gym but one in particular just blows my mind. She has her eyebrows drawn on, her hair done up fabulously and her face is orange from the amount of make-up she has on. And she works out hard too! Isnt makeup bad for the skin when you sweat? I dont wear any most days because I have terrible dry skin :/

Replies

• HeyImMarcus
    Options
    Sloots gonna Sloot, would be hilarious watching her make up sweat off her face.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear make up, other than eyeliner. I wouldn't put a 'face' on to of to the gym. Holy heck, I look like a right mess in the gym, Hair scrapped back, red faced and sweaty, but I am there to get fit, that is all.....
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    maybe she had the makeup on already?
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    She must have really great stay-put makeup, I'd be afraid I would look like the Joker after an intense workout.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    It's pointless, and her eyebrows probably sweat off too...
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ever wear to the gym (and only sometimes) is mascara.
    The ladies that really kill me are the ones that come to AQUA BOOTCAMP with full makeup and hair. WTF is that?
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If i go to the gym in the evening after work etc i'll have make-up on but don't purposely put any on special just for going to the gym.
    What's left already slides all over my face i can't imagine having a fresh full face to contend with.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    My makeup is only done if i am coming from a date or event and hit the gym afterwards... i sweat like a pedophile in a barney suit so makeup never stays on at the gym : )
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe it makes her feel good. I don't think wearing make-up and sweating is any worse for your skin than wearing it and not sweating. I don't know much about make-up, though.

If it gives her more confidence, then good for her.
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup to the gym :)
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My makeup is only done if i am coming from a date or event and hit the gym afterwards... i sweat like a pedophile in a barney suit so makeup never stays on at the gym : )

lol Sweaty *****es unite!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Why does anyone CARE what makeup others wear or do not wear to the gym?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of girls who come to my gym in full makeup at around 9am, eyebrows drawn on and everything, so it appears that they put it on specifically to go to the gym. I don't understand it, because they look like they probably have pretty faces without the makeup. All I wear to the gym is lip gloss. Sweating in makeup is murder on your pores.
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I usually hit the gym in the afternoon or evening so you bet I'll be wearing makeup. I don't sweat that much though, even when I work super hard and I hardly ever breakout so wearing makeup at the gym is no issue for me. It's not like I'm going to take my makeup off right before I hit the gym. Plus it gives me more confidence because I can get self-conscious at the gym. :flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

This times a million.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Eyebrows drawn on? Thats just wrong and it looks so weird.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    The only thing I got from your post was "she works hard". That's all that matters.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I work out after work... I almost always have full makeup. And it stays completely put because Urban Decay is awesome.

I *have* seen the makeup girls before working out though. They are gym flies.... taking selfies and the whole nine yards, tittering after the boys. Not my style, except that they get in my way. >.<

IDGAF what you wear on your face, just PLEASE wear drawers.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options

This times a million.

Probably for the same reason people 'care' about other girls wear short shorts, fake boobs, etc etc in real life.
    We woman are horrendously judgmental and bit**y especially towards other woman and its no different in internet land.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Girls be like
    1375133223726649.jpg