Day 7-No fast food challenge check in

Options
Hope someone didnt post already - I didnt see it
:ohwell:

Anyways Day 7 for me ... still no fast food
I increased my intensity on my treadmill workout yesterday YIPPIE
and meet my calories ! Even earned myself a non fat yogurt with bananas and dribble of hot fudge for my treat !!

Hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!

:heart:

Replies

• Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    Hope someone didnt post already - I didnt see it
    :ohwell:

Anyways Day 7 for me ... still no fast food
    I increased my intensity on my treadmill workout yesterday YIPPIE
    and meet my calories ! Even earned myself a non fat yogurt with bananas and dribble of hot fudge for my treat !!

Hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!

:heart:
  • FORMYBABY
    FORMYBABY Posts: 17
    Options
    I HAVEN'T HAD IT FOR 12 DAYS!!!! STILL NEED TO WORK ON MY ACTIVITY THOUGH
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thands for starting. Busy busy busy.:grumble: I have been doing great since my slip on Sunday. Going a little further everday walking. And I feel great. :happy: Good job all. Have a good one too.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to join up, but are we counting subway as fast food???? If so i'm totally up the creek with no paddle :)
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to join up, but are we counting subway as fast food???? If so i'm totally up the creek with no paddle :)
    Dude i was so about to say that ! :laugh: and jason's deli?? its not really fast food right?
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    Fast food (including sandwich places like Subway) free for 8 years now. I stopped long before I began dieting. You can do it too, guys & gals! I always keep something, like a granola bar, in the car so that I am never tempted.
  • Cassia
    Options
    Now this might be a really dumb question, but why is a granola bar better than a veggie sandwich at subway? :indifferent:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I just went back to when we first started the challenge. Looks like we said if it was healthy from subway it was okie dokie.:wink: Think Jared.:bigsmile:
  • Cassia
    Options
    Ok cool thanks:smooched:
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have small Quizno turkey sandwich without cheese or dressing as part of my healthy diet. So in a way I am eating fast food and still losing weight. So if you ever lust for fast food then you know what you can eat. Only 300 calories. I consider all kind of sodas (including diets) as much more dangerous than even animal fat. Do skip diet sodas.
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    Now this might be a really dumb question, but why is a granola bar better than a veggie sandwich at subway? :indifferent:

It may not be, but my problem with fast food places is in their business practices. Among other books and reports, I might suggest _Fast_Food_Nation_ (a New York Times best seller, so probably easy to find) if you are interested in these things.

I used granola bar as an example; currently I have oatmeal squares and pears. In the winter, I keep frozen goods in the car and I can keep things like milk and OJ in the car in the autumn and spring since I do not park in a heated building. I can change what I keep in the car so I don't get sick of it. I know the food is always fresh, prepared right, the order will never be wrong, cheap, and I won't be waiting in a drive-though line. It may not be the solution for everyone, but it works for me.
  • Cassia
    Options

It may not be, but my problem with fast food places is in their business practices. Among other books and reports, I might suggest _Fast_Food_Nation_ (a New York Times best seller, so probably easy to find) if you are interested in these things.

I used granola bar as an example; currently I have oatmeal squares and pears. In the winter, I keep frozen goods in the car and I can keep things like milk and OJ in the car in the autumn and spring since I do not park in a heated building. I can change what I keep in the car so I don't get sick of it. I know the food is always fresh, prepared right, the order will never be wrong, cheap, and I won't be waiting in a drive-though line. It may not be the solution for everyone, but it works for me.
    Ok that makes more since! Thanks for answering :flowerforyou: