Okay still a noob help

Options
I've heard I should intake minimum 1400 cals - no exercise, this can lead me apparently bad looking naked. So I've heard I should intake 1800 calories and do exercise of 400 calorie burn, which I thought was pointless since you lose same amount, but gives u better body and helps u look good naked, so I decided, il do 1800 calorie intake and burn 400 calories.

However I still think it's a bit pointless so I was wondering if I could just lose atleast 15 lbs and then maybe start working out when I'm in better conditions? Will this be okay and will it let me still look good naked?

Replies

• EliteCon
    Options
    Any suggestions or advice?
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    no, dont eat back what you burn off exercising. just eat the 1400 (I don't know how you got that #) but 1400 (or even a range of 1400-to-1800) is good enough to lose weight but don't just eat 1800 just because you're exercising

but no matter what you do in your case you will look better naked as you lose weight
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    And no one can say whether you will look better or not. there is no picture and we have no clue as to your workouts.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    exercise = health benefits and helps with looks
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ01676
    http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/health/
    diet = weight loss

Most guys can eat more than 1400 calories without exercise and still lose weight at a comfortable rate. Your height, weight, and activity level come into play when determining how much to eat. You might want to look at this site to get a better idea (I'd run the numbers for you, but I don't know your stats):
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • zzravizz
    zzravizz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exercise is not only for looking good, but feeling good. When you feel good, you're more likely to make good decisions about eating. I definitely would not starve myself of nutrients. You need the proteins, carbohydrates, and fats for various functions of your body. You need fats to lubricate your joints, to protect and cushion your organs, you need proteins to carry out many different functions of your body due to the fact that these proteins are broken down and used to create different proteins in your body. You need carbohydrates for energy so that you don't waste your muscles away when your body doesn't have the adequate amount of calories that it needs. I know we all want quick weight loss, but seriously if you really want to look good naked and lose weight, I would go the healthy route. Eat 1800 calories and burn 400 a day. One pound is 3500 calories and it is simple math. If you have a resting metabolic rate of 1800 calories (just an example, no idea what you burn) and you exercise and burn 400 calories a day for a week thats 2800 calories. (Almost one pound). You'll eventually lose all of the weight and maybe even surprise yourself at how quick the time goes! If you want to research more, I would go to google and search why fats and proteins are important and why your body needs calories. There is not enough good nutrition information in school.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Correction: strength training makes you look better naked.
  • rockstar2b66
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into weight loss. There was a period of time when I wasn't working out but I was maintaining a 1200 calorie day plan. I would lose a bit here and there but nothing significant and you end up losing muscle mass so I was losing weight on the scale but I looked even softer than before because I was losing tone. I highly recommend a little bit of exercise with the 1400 plan.
    42241108.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods