Ladies:

Options
Do you guys know anything that'll help lift a chest? Does doing chest exercises and such help or is it sort of a lost cause? Will it adjust more on its own once I lose weight?

(Men can feel free to answer this too, if you have any clue)

Replies

• AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    yes, any chest exercise (preferabbly flye movements).

correcting your posture will help lift breast
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hmm, never even considered that posture might be an issue. Thanks!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Chest exercises may help a little, but don't expect a huge difference.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Flys will help firm up the muscle underneath but if you've got the saggy, extra skin droop happening it can't do much to help that.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    A good bra....other than that nothing has really helped me, but everyone is different and it never hurts to try any sort of chest exercises.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I do ALL the chest machines/upper body machines at the gym - bench press, flys, etc. Any upper body moves really are going to help lift and tighten and tone everything up there - so even if your chest doesn't lift exactly, it will look tighter and perkier. Also, a good bra. Make sure you are wearing the right size and the right support, and tighten the shoulder straps.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I do ALL the chest machines/upper body machines at the gym - bench press, flys, etc. Any upper body moves really are going to help lift and tighten and tone everything up there - so even if your chest doesn't lift exactly, it will look tighter and perkier. Also, a good bra. Make sure you are wearing the right size and the right support, and tighten the shoulder straps.

Agree with all of this, especially wearing a good bra.
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I guess it really depends on how large and/or "saggy" they are, but I do bench press, reverse shoulder fly, and bent over barbell row exercises for my chest and posture. I have found (and others have noticed) that they have made a significant difference in my posture and chest "perkiness."
    However, I only lost about 20 lbs total and I am only a 70E (US: 32 D/DD which isn't as large as it sounds), so if you have lost a lot of weight or have a much larger chest, it may not make much difference. I also had really poor posture and somewhat "rolled" shoulders so just fixing that through strength training made a big difference.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I guess it really depends on how large and/or "saggy" they are, but I do bench press, reverse shoulder fly, and bent over barbell row exercises for my chest and posture. I have found (and others have noticed) that they have made a significant difference in my posture and chest "perkiness."
    However, I only lost about 20 lbs total and I am only a 70E (US: 32 D/DD which isn't as large as it sounds), so if you have lost a lot of weight or have a much larger chest, it may not make much difference. I also had really poor posture and somewhat "rolled" shoulders so just fixing that through strength training made a big difference.

I'm the same pretty much, I had pretty bad rolled shoulders and they've straightened a bit with weight training and chest exercises. While the girls have perked a bit and sagged a bit less, that could be due to standing straighter as my back has gotten stronger, or the fact that I've "lost" some fat in them (and by some I mean minimal).

Depending on how "saggy" you're talking about, your age, your breast composition etc. chest exercises and weight loss may help. If it doesn't get the results you want or there is still sagginess the only solution may be corrective surgery, though that would be up to you and your doctor. But I'd say that would be last resort if nothing else has helped.