Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5 feet how many calories do you eat?

Hi,
I am a shorty at just 5 feet tall. I'm curious how many calories others are eating and how much exercise you are doing. I am a VERY SLOW loser.

Thanks,

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I don't really qualify, but thought you might want to look at this success story :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1032620-4-10-and-eats-2000-calories-a-day-eeegads-pics?hl=4'10+eating+2000+calories
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    I'm 5'0" and currently I'm trying to shoot for 1800-2000, but I'm probably closer to 1300-1600 on an average day. I run 5-6 days a week and I do strength training twice a week (about 5-8 hours total exercise per week). It takes time to lose, an eternity for me to lose even just 1 lb that isn't water weight, so don't stress :) Hope this helps!
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    I'm 5'3'', not quite as short as you are, but I had an eating disorder through high school and under-grad, and gained quite a bit of weight when I started eating again. My metabolism is still confused, so I'm quite slow at losing weight as well.

I'm eating 1,450 right now plus whatever exercise cals I burn so I'm averaging about 1,600-1,700 per day. I've found that when I make the effort to really watch my carb intake, I lose weight much faster and more steadily.

I manually put my settings at 35% Protein, 35% Fat, and only 30% carbs. And the carbs I do eat try to be fresh fruits, vegetables or complex carbs like whole wheat tortillas, flax-seed chips/crackers or multi-grain bread.

I hope you find this helpful

*Edited to add that I'm currently strength training three times per week (Just started the New Rules of Lifting for Women program) and I walk my dog around the lake (3 miles) at least twice a week.
  • I am 5'1" and right now I am trying to eat 1200 recommended by MFP, but I am going to increase to 1378 (my TDEE or whatever it is called)
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Almost 5'2 and I eat 1330 per day. I do weight training and HIIT cardio 3-4 days per week. Trying to lose thelast 5 lbs and it's tough!
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Why is it so easy to gain and way hard to lose? LOL
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Being short doesn't make it any harder to lose. You just get a smaller budget and if you're older it gets even smaller. Be diligent with your diet, get exercise and weight will come off.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    I am 4'11 and weigh 126 lbs. My daily target without exercise is 1320. I am in my last 10-15 lbs so I have my goal set to half a pound a week. I do about 30-45 min of exercise 4x a week at best, which earns me anywhere from 150-300 exercise calories. So days i exercise my goal could be anywhere from 1450-1600. I try to at the very least net over 1250-1300 or I feel very hungry and I get extremely cranky.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member

It took me a few years to gain so I figure it would take time to lose it as well. I'm 5'1, eat 2000 calories a day, and work out 4-5 days a week.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    I am 5ft and 122lbs and I am on 1300 calories as I am set on lightly active and due to a knee injury I currently don't work out. I am also set to the lowest amount of weight to lose :-)
  • Why is it so easy to gain and way hard to lose? LOL

It took me a few years to gain so I figure it would take time to lose it as well. I'm 5'1, eat 2000 calories a day, and work out 4-5 days a week.

What do your workouts look like--intensity/duration?
  • Being short doesn't make it any harder to lose. You just get a smaller budget and if you're older it gets even smaller. Be diligent with your diet, get exercise and weight will come off.

Having a smaller budget is precisely where the difficulty arises.
  • I'm ~5'0 (maybe 4'11--I don't really know to be honest) and I eat ~1400-2000 calories a day depending on how hungry I am and what I've done for the day. I would say that I average ~1700-1800 calories a day though. Not sure how quickly I'm losing because I'm not a scale watcher but I am confident that my deficit is between 250 and 500 based on how long I've been tracking (~6 years).
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Calculate your tdee
    It differs according to age, normal activity level etc
    Eat tdee-20%
    Eat back most of your exercise cals (if not already in tdee)

For example me
    158cm (about 5ft)
    68kg
    44yrs
    Female
    Lightly active lifestyle (work, riding, etc w/o workouts)
    tdee 1750
    I eat tdee-20% + 50% of my exercise cals
    Been losing fine that way.
  • belgd
    belgd Posts: 26 Member
    5 ft here (: I'm set at 1320. I honestly can't do 1200 a day. So I upped my calories and I've been losing a lb every week to week and a half.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member

What do your workouts look like--intensity/duration?

I spend about an hour at the gym Mon,Tue,Thur,Fri. On Wednesdays I either rest or do 30 mins cardio, perhaps go for a quick jog. During my hourly workouts I do HIIT for 20-30 minutes then the rest of the time is strength training.
  • oneday987
    oneday987 Posts: 41 Member
    Hi,

5"2" 1500 calories a day .... no additional exercise :)