stigma around men tanning

Options
danger2oneself2
danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
i seriously don't get what the hell's the big deal, everyone acts like I'm either gay or sissy for using the tanning beds at the gym. I used it for the first time in a long time yesterday just because the fall in temperature lately has forced me to spend a lot less time outdoors, and I really don't like looking pasty during the winter months. Well any ways when I went to sign into the tanning room the guys behind the counter were talking under their breath and clearly joking about me....really made me wanna knock em da fuk out! :mad:

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Guessing you're not from Jersey?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Hey it's a personal choice thing. Saying that though a few of the guys I know take the "tanning injections" they buy from under the counter at their gym. Not sure just how safe they are though :huh:

Sorry! Injections not tablets doh! :laugh:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Well any ways when I went to sign into the tanning room the guys behind the counter were talking under their breath and clearly joking about me....really made me wanna knock em da fuk out! :mad:

Did you wink at them? Maybe they're laughing at the idea of tan balls.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I would actually like to try it. Because I don't tan. It is burn peel, burn peel, etc.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Options
    Well any ways when I went to sign into the tanning room the guys behind the counter were talking under their breath and clearly joking about me....really made me wanna knock em da fuk out! :mad:

Mmmm, actually that's a thought wonder if the heat has a decrease on the little swimmers...
  • danger2oneself2
    Options

Mmmm, actually that's a thought wonder if the heat has a decrease on the little swimmers...

Heat is known to kill sperm cells but that's what your sock is made for....

I just think I look a lot better with some color.....what's this about tanning injections? Nvr heard of that!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Are you saying there's something wrong with being pasty white? :grumble:
  • danger2oneself2
    Options

not at all some ppl can pull it off, but I just look sickly when I'm that pasty
  • HeyImMarcus
    Options
    I know bro.. I started getting into tanning couple weeks back and i've asked my bro's if they wanted to come and their response is " Naw man that's for gay people " I'm like UWOTM8 what's gay about taking care of your appearance?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Options

Heat is known to kill sperm cells but that's what your sock is made for....

I just think I look a lot better with some color.....what's this about tanning injections? Nvr heard of that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/23867134

I'm not endorsing these in any way just passing on the info :ohwell:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options

Put some red lipstick on and you'll look like a million bucks. That works for me anyways.
  • danger2oneself2
    Options

Put some red lipstick on and you'll look like a million bucks. That works for me anyways.

You're right wanna exchange lipstick pics? :wink:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options

You go first and i'll owe you one.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    what's a tan?
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    i seriously don't get what the hell's the big deal, everyone acts like I'm either gay or sissy for using the tanning beds at the gym. I used it for the first time in a long time yesterday just because the fall in temperature lately has forced me to spend a lot less time outdoors, and I really don't like looking pasty during the winter months. Well any ways when I went to sign into the tanning room the guys behind the counter were talking under their breath and clearly joking about me....really made me wanna knock em da fuk out! :mad:

Worry more about your anger than your tanning.
  • danger2oneself2
    Options

You go first and i'll owe you one.

I've got trust issues but you seem like a man of your word so here ya go: edEG25p.jpg
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options

So I take it you find it offensive that someone would think your gay? Or a sissy enough to wanna knock em da fuk out? Read your post again.
  • danger2oneself2
    Options

So I take it you find it offensive that someone would think your gay? Or a sissy enough to wanna knock em da fuk out? Read your post again.

Hey you, are you intentionally trying to nit pick my post in order to find a way to be offended and start up an argument ? :happy:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options

I don't get the reference to Jersey - but I'm guessing you're not from Australia either - here there is stigma to anyone, not just males, using tanning beds - in fact they have been banned from most places and the idea that tanned is beautiful is pretty well dead.

I agree with PP's that you should be worrying about your anger levels - also your skin cancer risk.