Question on Logging Activity

Options
Yeah I know I've been with MFP for a little time now, but I still have a question. My question is, should I log some of the exercise I get from work? I work as a tech in the ICU at a hospital and for example, today in an 8 hour shift I walked roughly 10 miles (I wear a pedometer) and was turning heavy patients and moving patients from the bed to a transport cart with assistance. Is that included in my "active" lifestyle or should I log in exercise when I work a normal 12 hour shift just count some of the walking from after working the first 8 hours?

Replies

• forgiven4life
    Options
    I would think that would be considered part of your active lifestyle. If that is what you normally do at your job, I wouldn't list any extra exercise for that. Only any exercise above and beyond your normal daily activities.
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I would think that would be considered part of your active lifestyle. If that is what you normally do at your job, I wouldn't list any extra exercise for that. Only any exercise above and beyond your normal daily activities.

This is accurate. Only what you do extra above and beyond normal daily routine. God Bless, brenda
  • hslobar
    hslobar Posts: 12
    Options
    When you set your goals, it asks you how active your lifestyle is largely based on your job. So pick the one that fits it best and then the calories that you burn at work will already be factored in. As a vet student, my lifestyle is pretty sedentary in regards to daily activity, so I set mine to sedentary. When I work the occasional weekend shift at the animal hospital, then I add that as extra because it is more active than going to class (esp. when I spend 2 hours of it walking horses in the 90 degree heat--yikes!).