DO ANY OF YOU HAVE A GREAT TASTING CRISPY CHICKEN RECIPE, LOW SODIUM AND
AS FEW CALORIES AS POSSIBLE, LOL

THANK YOU
GRANNY GWEN (GG)

Replies

• ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I usually use chicken breast, put some low fat mayo on it (just a little to cover it) and some Panko Breadcrumbs with some seasoning. It tastes very good. Throw some cheese on it and you're good to go.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That reminds me, need to post my low sodium chicken and jojo recipes.

Anyway. 3 crushed up hint of salt (or other low sodium cracker/cereal) mixed with 1/2 tablespoon of flour per piece of chicken. Spices of your choice. Spray the chicken pieces with cooking spray. roll in mixture. Lightly spritz the tops with cooking spray and cook for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. Flip fifteen minutes through cooking time.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I just roll chicken breast in a whipped egg white then press into panko with a bit of garlic powder and black pepper then spritz with cooking spray or oil spray and bake till crispy.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My current favorite crispy chicken fix... I'm not overly concerned about sodium, so this ranks fairly low on the sodium scale for me, but feel free to omit the salt or adjust the seasonings to suit your preferences.

1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut/pounded into 1/2" thick cutlets
    1/2 C Panko
    1/4 C (14g) French's french fried onions, crushed
    1/4 tsp EACH salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
    1 tsp EACH basil, parsley, marjoram
    1/4 C egg beaters (or 2 egg whites)
    2 Tbs low-fat milk

Mix panko, french fried onions & spices in shallow bowl. Beat egg beaters & milk in a separate bowl. Dip chicken, once piece at a time, into egg mixture, then press into panko mixture, coating both sides thoroughly. Spray both sides lightly with cooking spray. Bake on wire rack set over baking tray at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes, turn chicken over and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or internal temp reaches 165 (I always use a meat thermometer...I hate dry chicken!)

Makes 4 servings, each serving: Cal 182, Sat Fat 1g, Sodium 295mg, Protein 29g
  • jabarrow
    Options
    My current favorite crispy chicken fix... I'm not overly concerned about sodium, so this ranks fairly low on the sodium scale for me, but feel free to omit the salt or adjust the seasonings to suit your preferences.

1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut/pounded into 1/2" thick cutlets
    1/2 C Panko
    1/4 C (14g) French's french fried onions, crushed
    1/4 tsp EACH salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
    1 tsp EACH basil, parsley, marjoram
    1/4 C egg beaters (or 2 egg whites)
    2 Tbs low-fat milk

Mix panko, french fried onions & spices in shallow bowl. Beat egg beaters & milk in a separate bowl. Dip chicken, once piece at a time, into egg mixture, then press into panko mixture, coating both sides thoroughly. Spray both sides lightly with cooking spray. Bake on wire rack set over baking tray at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes, turn chicken over and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or internal temp reaches 165 (I always use a meat thermometer...I hate dry chicken!)

Makes 4 servings, each serving: Cal 182, Sat Fat 1g, Sodium 295mg, Protein 29g
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    Quinoa flake chicken

Bash some quinoa flakes in the food processor to make it fine. Dip chicken in buttermilk and then quinoa flakes. Place on baking tray and spray with a little olive oil. Bake at 220C for around 40-45 minutes.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    chicken+corn flakes+spices+ yumm
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING YOUR RECIPES , IM GOING TO TRY SOME AND ALSO SHARE WITH OTHER MFP'S

HUGS GG
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Google "perfect pan roasted chicken thighs". Ingredients are:

skin on, bone in, chicken thighs
    canola oil - just enough to coat the pan (can be eliminated if you wait for chicken fat to render before trying to flip the thighs)
    salt (for seasoning only, can be eliminated or subbed)
    pepper (for seasoning only, can be eliminated or subbed)

You're not going to get too much more low calorie than that, or more low sodium.

If you pick a recipe with no skin, you'll have to add some kind of coating and oil to crisp up the chicken. Should be a calorie wash at best.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Pre-heat oven to 350F.

Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into strips (3-4 per breast)

Stir together 1 tablespoon granulated garlic, a tablespoon of grated asiago or Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (per breast) to a shallow dish.

Roll the chicken in the crumb mixture, pressing down slightly to make it stick.

Place chicken on a wire rack over a foil-lined sheet pan. Spray lightly with cooking spray.

Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Use tongs to flip chicken, spray this side lightly with cooking spray, then bake for another 10-12 minutes.

Comes in just around 285-290 mg of sodium for 4oz (a whole breast).