Starting over- looking for support

Options
Hi All! I am back here after 6 months. My company closed this summer and I have had a major life adjustment. I used food to medicate and have put on 10lbs. I'm finding it very hard this time due to stress. I used to be able to drop pounds really easily but the scale just isn't moving now. I'd love some new peeps to support me during this to keep me motivated when the scale isn't budging! Please add me , I could use all the support I can rally to keep going, lol.

Replies

• camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    Stress is killer for weight loss. I sometimes use food to medicate, and it only increases my stress in the long run (5 more pounds to feel awful about). They say working out helps with stress too, I may need to give that a shot instead of eating. Anyway, good luck with your weight loss, I'm sure you can do this! It is all about learning how to deal with the things that make us eat poorly and fix our bad habits (which appears to be easier said than done).
  • kajunkutey
    Options
    The working out really helps alot with stress. I go almost daily to the gym and im alot less grouchy lol. Im trying the weights this go round Iinstead of just cardio maybe I can get a lifestyle change instead of yo yo diet
  • michelegurr
    michelegurr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in the same boat but have lots more to lose than you do! We can still support each other. I cannot get to or below 180 lbs no matter what I do! My niece has been using myfitnesspal.com for awhile now and she has lost an amazing amount of weight so here I go again! I need motivation to stay on the diet and motivation to get off my duff and start exercising again! Any help and support is sure appreciated!
  • t_elliot
    t_elliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I have gained about the same from a knee injury. So hard to get motivated! Add me if you like :)