Car Accident 3 Months ago... Getting back on board.

Options
Hey Everyone!

So where to begin.... 3 months ago I was heading out to a party feeling my finest because of the weight id lost and all the working out I was doing. They say things happen when you least expect it, and let me tell you I was not expecting to be in a car wreck.

Now fast forward 3 months, my back has healed as much as it can with out exercise, and im shy of 3 weeks with out having my cast on my arm from surgery. Im getting OT for my arm but they haven't said I cant work out the rest of my body.

I have been in really bad slump since this all happened but things are starting to look up for me and I really want to get back on track. As of now when it comes to my strength and fitness im at the bottom of the charts. I get winded after 15 mins of walking when I have to turn around and go back home, and running up the stairs I feel like im going to die lol. Luckily I haven't gained any weight in all this time ive lost and gained the same 5lbs.

So im sure your wondering why im writing this, I really need advice and support on getting back on track and basically starting over. Feel free to add me, and if you have an ideas on workouts id love to hear them. Also im trying to get back into logging, and that is hard since I havent in the last 3 months... BTW Starting over really BLOWS!

Thanks to any who read this :)

Replies

• coffee4me57
    Options
    Hi,
    I just wanted to say that I think it is great with all you have been through that you are getting back on track. I don't have any advice about the workouts but starting to track a day at a time seems a good place to start and get back to whatever exercise you can do when the Dr. gives the OK and listen to your body about what you can handle.
    I wish you the best.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are healing. Listen to your OT and doctor. It may take another 3 months to get back to shape but you can do it.
  • trixiepinkie
    trixiepinkie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a similar experience. I was in a car accident that really left my back injured last year. I was in physio for about six months with it. It took about another six months at home doing exercises that my physiotherapist gave me to get back to being okay. It is a long road, but it gets better!!!! Your body will tell you when to slow down, even when you don't want to listen to it. My advice it to listen to it.

Your doctor should tell you what exercises to do and how often depending on your situation.

Good luck!