New here, intro + questions

Options
Hello, my name is Michael and I am 3 days new on here. So a little about me first. I am from San Diego California and I am trying to be on my best fit kick ever. So I've gone through different fit periods in my 20s. The first time was only weight lifting with a trainer and eating whatever I wanted. I got buff but not shredded and grew in size. Im not one of the guys whose trying to get bigger because im 6'1 and already a good size. The next time I decided to start weightlifting again and then got into lots of cardio things and got my muscle back but this time lost more weight but never really got definition in my abs... Id eat well and make smarter choices. After I got a full time soul sucking stressful job I stopped working out again. After I got laid off I started getting on my fitness again started doing weights, EA sports active for the Kinect and running... then it became weights twice a day and subbing EA sports active for Insanity Asylum. I noticed that my strength started peaking and I never would get past a certain point and never really progressed with my fat loss goals. That was last year into spring of this year. Took a break and have been working my way up from just weight lifting, to running and insanity asylum. I figured I would start doing the one thing I never really cared to do and start tracking my food/macros because I want to progress with my strength training, running and fat loss. A friend of mine turned me on to this app and so I figured out how to customize my goals to a 50p 30c 20f ratio. The problem/question I have is the protein levels seem too high. Today its 319g, yesterday was 396g and the day before (my first day)was 447g. Yesterday I got to 203g by the end of the day and was just thinking man to need to double that would be impossible. So is that accurate? Im not trying to become Mr. No Neck weight lifter... I actually am looking to just drop fat mostly.