Give me your grocery list and meal plan

Options
2»

Replies

• 150_MFP
    150_MFP Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought a bunch of Weight Watchers meals because I was fed up of being unable to get the variety I wanted at the calories I need, without blowing my budget.

I tend to eat the same thing for a couple of weeks, before switching it up. That way, I can take advantage of the deals. But yeah, it would be good if someone could do it all for me! Maybe look up some cheap & healthy recipes and batch cook your favourite 3?
  • sem60831
    sem60831 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You know, in today’s environment it truly is incomprehensible why someone has not created an app to do this already.

Are you listening My Fitness Pal development managers and leadership?

Could the cost be outrageously high? But so many of us want this feature. I already pay for Premium. And truly, the premium options are not great enough to write home about. Come on people. Stop telling us you are listening.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    sem60831 wrote: »
    You know, in today’s environment it truly is incomprehensible why someone has not created an app to do this already.

Are you listening My Fitness Pal development managers and leadership?

Could the cost be outrageously high? But so many of us want this feature. I already pay for Premium. And truly, the premium options are not great enough to write home about. Come on people. Stop telling us you are listening.

It's a thread from 2013 - ten years ago - who is upset that they have to spend their own personal time on their own personalized self-improvement planning, and want other people to do it for them. That may not be the best platform on which to present your case.

On top of that, MFP staff don't read all the many hundreds or thousands of Community posts, so you're talking to other MFP users who have no more power than you have yourself. If this is a feature you want, post about it here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/feature-suggestions-and-ideas

Meanwhile, maybe take a look at apps like this one:

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

I'm sure there are others, but I'll leave it to anyone who's interested to research that. I'm not at all interested in having someone else tell me what to eat, so I haven't looked into it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    It gets faster with time, possibly super fast.

Reviewing the three supermarket circulars generally takes me less than a half hour. This week, I stopped after one second when I saw that chicken tenders were on sale. This also accomplishes my meal planning, as I have a whole slew of meals in my head that revolve around chicken breast. Other than Dinner 1, these are in no particular order, and for my partner, I will break up the chicken with some sort of red meat. (I can eat chicken endlessly.) From 2# of chicken tenders, we get at least two dinners for the two of us, and I get lunches.

These are typical meals this time of year when the temperature is warm enough that the AC will be on at some point in the day and I do not want to use the oven:

Dinner 1: he grills the chicken, I make a side salad and a starch. This time of year, that might be corn on the cob.
    Possible Subsequent Dinner: chicken, cheese, and bean quesadillas with a side salad
    Possible Subsequent Dinner: entrée chicken salad
    Possible Subsequent Dinner: chicken and pasta (hot) with a green veg
    Possible Subsequent Dinner: chicken and pasta salad (cold) with a side salad
    Possible Subsequent Dinner: chicken nachos with a side salad

Those are my "autopilot" meals. I also get inspiration from various cooking newsletters. New recipes will take more time and energy, but I enjoy this.

I've been anticipated this sale and have been making room in the freezer. I might buy 6 packages and freeze 5.