I need some help!!!

Options
happymommy2014
happymommy2014 Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I just started to religiously tracking my calories and I've realized why I'm not losing. Sunday to thursday my calorie intake is perfect but come friday and saturday I double or triple what I'm supposed to be eating. What are some of the strategies you guys try because I'm completely sabotaging all my hard work.....

Replies

• Walshie0000
    Walshie0000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Maybe planning ahead and saving your calories for that occasion when you go out. Still watch what you eat when you go out but saving calories for this may help. Also trying to burn more with more cardio might help. Just my thoughts. :bigsmile:
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    1 - add'l cardio
    2 - shoot for a lower goal in general so the average is closer to the weekly total you need.
    3 - moderation on weekends, such as eating half the order, etc.

Good luck!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Decide ahead of time what you are going to indulge in, what do you want the most that weekend, and leave the rest for another time. Allot yourself a specific number of calories, even, if that helps you remain accountable.

Saving up some calories for the weekend, working out extra, or allowing yourself a maintenance level day is totally fine. You just have to draw the line between what you can get away with, and when you get carried away.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    elyelyse said it all! Can't over- emphasize logging though. It lets you know where you are. Afterall - if you are using this site - use it - its super - it works. We are here to lose - so you just can't go nuts if getting in better shape is what you want out of this.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    My strategy is to stick to the calories or do a little extra cardio to burn them off, its not rocket science as long as those going in are less than those going out you will lose. If you want to lose weight create a deficit as simple as that!

This is a good read

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale? I would invest in one if you don't. And just keep working to keep to your calorie goals...make sure to give it 4-6 weeks. In general, when you change your calorie goals or make changes to your activities - give your body 4-6 weeks.

Here's some additional info if you want:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I consider my daily goal as an average; my actual goal is to end the week without eating more than my total weekly calorie target. If I know I'm going to have a dinner out, or go out for a drink with friends, I'll eat fewer net calories early in the week, so that I have "excess" calories for those events.
  • LunasTheLimit
    Options
    Give yourself permission to eat more on those days, but still have a goal in mind. Example: If you eat 1200 calories all week, when the weekend comes you'll eat a meal you know will put you over 1200 for the day, and then you'll feel like, "Well I'm obviously over my goal so screw it." and then you eat whatever and as much as you feel.

If you allow yourself 1600 calories on the weekend, then you can have that little extra, but not end up eating 2500+. Does that make sense? And like everyone else said, plan ahead when possible. Try not to drink your calories if you can help it. I also usually don't work out on the weekend, which would mean I would work out harder on my 1200 calorie days to compensate for the 1600 calorie days.

2 days a week won't stop your success if it's carefully planned. ;)
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I just started to religiously tracking my calories and I've realized why I'm not losing. Sunday to thursday my calorie intake is perfect but come friday and saturday I double or triple what I'm supposed to be eating. What are some of the strategies you guys try because I'm completely sabotaging all my hard work.....

You need to either eat less sunday to thursday to make up for the weekend or be rigid for the whole seven days, i eat only two meals during the week and have 2500-3000 cals spare for the weekend plus 1500 calories on top from exercise to play with, eat and drink what i want on the weekend
This discussion has been closed.