home-exercises

Options
For starting my working out I am doing sit-ups, jumping jacks, knee-high jumps, lunges, and leg lifts. But, I don't know how to put those in calories for my diary. What other exercises could I add to this and how do I calculate calories burned (I know you can by minutes somehow but they don't take that long). please help!

Replies

• lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Best way is to use a heart rate monitor but if you search for them in add exercise I know sit ups will be there but I find MFP estimates to be high.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I would eat just based off your BMR for a couple weeks and see if the scale's moving in the direction you want.
    It's too easy to overestimate the calories burned and then you'll get frustrated because you'll be wondering why you're not losing weight as fast as you think you should.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Most people log this stuff as callisthenics (go for the light-moderate, not vigorous)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    For starting my working out I am doing sit-ups, jumping jacks, knee-high jumps, lunges, and leg lifts. But, I don't know how to put those in calories for my diary. What other exercises could I add to this and how do I calculate calories burned (I know you can by minutes somehow but they don't take that long). please help!

Add up the total minutes and log it as calisthenics. For it to really be effective you should try to get at least 20 minutes of elevated heart rate per session.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I would time it and log it under Aerobics general or Aerobics, high impact... depending how intensely you are working.