Company ice cream

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
So, my company is going out and buying ice cream for employees on a pretty regular basis. I hate to seem rude and turn it down, but at the same time I'm generally not interested in the triple chocolate super-mega-jumbo sized ice cream cones they always get.

Does anyone know a business-safe and polite way to turn it down? I've been accepting politely and then stashing it in the company freezer for a cheat day maybe. I just don't want to seem rude.

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    So, my company is going out and buying ice cream for employees on a pretty regular basis. I hate to seem rude and turn it down, but at the same time I'm generally not interested in the triple chocolate super-mega-jumbo sized ice cream cones they always get.

Does anyone know a business-safe and polite way to turn it down? I've been accepting politely and then stashing it in the company freezer for a cheat day maybe. I just don't want to seem rude.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Maybe not get the mega scoop. It you are not wanting it, just tell them, no thank you. Or maybe see if they can get some sherbet.
    I think I would take a cheat for it. Well................I know I would. I love ice cream:love:
  • Rachel89
    Rachel89 Posts: 68
    Options
    i think if you just let them know you are trying to get in better shape they will understand... no one is going to think that you are rude for trying to get in better shape!
  • butterfly2008
    Options
    i USUALLY JUST SAY NO THANK YOU AND IF ANYONE ASKS I JUST TELL THEM IM TRYING TO WATCH WHAT I EAT (IM A HAIRSTYLIST) WERE KNOWN TO NOT EAT DUE TO ALWAYS HAVING CLIENTS SO PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS BRINGING SOMETHING TO EAT NOW THEY BRING ME FRUIT OR WATER :smile:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I don't like Ice Cream. :sick: If it were me I would be telling them that I was lactose intolerant but I really appreciated their thoughts... maybe see if you can get an italian ice or something along those lines?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Does the ice cream place offer fat free frozen yogurt??
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I just say, "no thanks". We frequently have free food at work and it's always very fattening. Sometimes I can trust myself to just eat a little but sometimes not. Other times I go ahead and pig-out, knowing that I count it as supper.
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    I would say ask for fat free yogurt too , otherwise I should wouldnt care about turning something down, I have done it twice in my office and I dont feel bad at all !
  • msarro
    Options
    Its more of a culture thing... its pretty much an Asian office (Korean, specifically). Asian cultures are very demure, and nonconfrontational. If a boss gives you something, you accept it. Hence my trying to hide it in a freezer, lol. It's all prepackaged ice cream sandwiches and drumsticks and the like.

On the upside, I had to stop and look at the post I made... I can't believe I'm trying to find a sneaky way NOT to eat food, as opposed to finding a sneaky way TO eat food. I'd have never, EVER thought I'd do such a thing!
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    Its more of a culture thing... its pretty much an Asian office (Korean, specifically). Asian cultures are very demure, and nonconfrontational. If a boss gives you something, you accept it. Hence my trying to hide it in a freezer, lol. It's all prepackaged ice cream sandwiches and drumsticks and the like.

On the upside, I had to stop and look at the post I made... I can't believe I'm trying to find a sneaky way NOT to eat food, as opposed to finding a sneaky way TO eat food. I'd have never, EVER thought I'd do such a thing!

honestly he may be of asian culture and clap to you for wanting to support his culture , however you are an american who has a right to a choice ... and that is that ......
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    my co-workers are always bringing in food! and it's always goodies like doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, ice cream, pizza etc...ahhhh!!! i always simply say "no thank you" and i don't think i have offended anyone up to this point.

this morning, however, there was an order of cinnamelts from mcdonalds sitting on my desk when i came in. a co-worker had bought an order for each of the ladies in our office...it was such a kind gesture and i didn't want to hand them back to him so i just discreetly threw them away. one order of cinnamelts is 463 calories!!!!! i ate my special k bites instead and my kind co-worker will never know the difference!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I worked part time for a company that did the same thing - every birthday, etc., it was DQ! I took the orders - never offended me if someone said "No, thanks" If they ask again, say "I appreciate it, but none for me today, thanks". That is polite, yet firm and no one should be offended.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm trying to find a sneaky way NOT to eat food, as opposed to finding a sneaky way TO eat food. I'd have never, EVER thought I'd do such a thing!

The force is strong with this one.