Stevia Opinions?

Options
I just purchased Stevia today. I have heard so much about mostly good but a few said it had an after taste but I thought I would give it a try. What is your thought on it?
The health food store I went to told me to try this new brand and OMG I'm so surprised. It's Stevia made by New Roots (powder in a 15 g container).
I'm having it right now in a chocolate mint 100% natural herbal tea and I hardly put any in and so sweet and so good.

Now this got me thinking can I substitute it for sugar in other things and I think so and did some search on google and think this is what I came up with. What is your thought on this as well.

1 cup = 1 teaspoon
1 tablespoon = 1/4 teaspoon ( i think this is less)
1 teaspoon A pinch to 1/16 teaspoon

Replies

• bgat
    bgat Posts: 63
    Options
    i love stevia... especially when i have cravings for sweet stuff..i sometimes put some in my protein shake to give it a sweeter flavor too...oh and chocolate on strawberry's saves me from cheats..lmao.. :) i also drop the vanilla in water to add a different flavor..im going to order some new flavors soon...
  • apehead1
    apehead1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What do you mean order some new flavours?

Very Curious
  • bgat
    Options
    i buy the packets and the bags of stevia...but i also buy the drops ... i found the drops at a local vitamin shop and at boney's market here in california... right now i have dark chocolate and french vanilla also lemon...i cant wait to try more...
  • bgat
    Options
    i heard the peppermint and toffee are delicious to add to things
  • apehead1
    Options
    Awesome I haven't found that in Canada anywhere yet
  • latiffany08
    Options
    truvia is better stevia gives me a headache. Try Truvia you will love it!
  • bgat
    Options
    http://www.stevia.com/ maybe you can order some from there website!!! its worth it..the drops last me a very long time so the cost equals out...
  • apehead1
    Options
    Thanks I emailed to see if ship to canada
  • bgat
    Options
    awesome good luck... they are great flavors :)
  • shark12
    shark12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Truvia is actually a chemical version of Stevia.

You cannot patent a plant so when Pepsi and Coke got involved with Stevia they partnered with giant Chemical corporations (Cargill& Merisant) & took one of natures purest inventions Stevia and had to genetically modify alter them with ethanol and chemicals so that they could patent them and add them to diet coke / pepsi and all the other crap! - That is how we ended up with Purevia & Truvia!

Is it a genetically modified chemical version of Stevia - I would stay away from it & stick with Stevia
  • bgat
    Options
    have you tried zevia...it is sooo good and sweetened with stevia...its all natural zero everything...lol :)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    oh great! ive been thinking about stevia since its a natural sweetner....glad someone else asked!