Workout DVD suggestions please!

I am looking for a knee friendly workout dvd.

I need to work out at home because I have four children. I can't afford the gym or exercise machines :sad: . Going running or walking isn't ideal because 1) I don't live somewhere where it can be done safely and 2) Leaving the kids at home by themselves isn't an option (duh lol).

I tried the 30DS and it killed my knees on day three. That was even with good form and modifying. It took over a week to recover. Boo,

So any suggestions for an inexpensive, yet effective, knee friendly workout dvd?

Replies

• funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Try Leslie Sansome DVD!!!
  • Any specific one? Or is there only one? Lol
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    there yoga videos on youtube.com or look on fitnessblender.com
  • there yoga videos on youtube.com or look on fitnessblender.com
    I don't always have internet access, so dvd would be the best. But thank you and I will still look into those!
  • MrsBiscoe
    MrsBiscoe Posts: 177 Member
    If you have internet you can search Leslie Sanone walk at home, she has a few different mile walks. You can also purchase her DVD in store like wal-mart or target. Good luck on your journey.
  • If you have internet you can search Leslie Sanone walk at home, she has a few different mile walks. You can also purchase her DVD in store like wal-mart or target. Good luck on your journey.
    Thanks!
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    I agree with the Leslie Sansone videos. Also you can do your own circuit training workout if you have light weights (or can use bottled water, canned food, etc as weights). Do a strength workout for 30 seconds, then march in place or some other low impact activity for 30 seconds, then another strength exercise, etc. You can find strength training exercise all over the place..just google them!

Also, dance type videos may be good too.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    I'm, on 30 day shred level 1 3 times a week & do weights & treadmill @ the gym-:drinker:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I'm currently doing Chalean extreme and modify the cardio exercises (no jumping) to help my knees. Don't forget to check your library for exercise dvd's; mine has a ton. That way, you can try many and avoid buying.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss to date!! I suggest a basic yoga DVD (surprisingly easy and you burn more calories than you think); or dancing to your favorite music for 30 minutes (you can involve the kiddos in this!); If you are watching tv: workout during commercials speed burst intervals every 1 minute and then march in place. Just a few suggestions and zero to minimal strain to knees.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss to date!! I suggest a basic yoga DVD (surprisingly easy and you burn more calories than you think); or dancing to your favorite music for 30 minutes (you can involve the kiddos in this!); If you are watching tv: workout during commercials speed burst intervals every 1 minute and then march in place. Just a few suggestions and zero to minimal strain to knees.
    Thank you! And those are some great tips!

I have a set of 3lb weights and I have been using them every night after the kids go to bed. I just don't get my heart going with that.
  • theredfro
    theredfro Posts: 59 Member
    Insanity.
    P90X.
    Jillian Michaels Shred (she has several no doubt)
    T25.
    10 Minute Trainer.
    Zumba (if you like dancing)
    The Tracy Anderson Method.
    There are tons out there, take your pick.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 437 Member
    Turbo Jam, its a really fun work out but it is old so you would need to go right to beachbody.com
    kickboxing,cardio,martial arts,dancing all in one. Chalene is awesome
  • pierreborg86
    pierreborg86 Posts: 38 Member
    DDP yoga is quite good and it has zero impact. It's an intensified form of yoga
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    I am doing T25 and that might even be too much for your knee. I am also considering Tai Cheng which might just be perfect for you.
  • I am doing T25 and that might even be too much for your knee. I am also considering Tai Cheng which might just be perfect for you.
    Tai Cheng? I see google in my future lol. Thanks for the tip!
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    I am doing T25 and that might even be too much for your knee. I am also considering Tai Cheng which might just be perfect for you.
    Tai Cheng? I see google in my future lol. Thanks for the tip!

You'll find it on BeachBody and Amazon... plus clips and reviews on YouTube.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    I recommend the Sansone dvds as a starter. They are real simple and keep you moving..

I would say the "Walk this Way" video is good starter.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Bad knees equals weak hamstrings and butt, should try weight training dvds jackie warner is the bomb!!
  • Chellelyn8112
    Chellelyn8112 Posts: 12 Member
    I agree with everyone else. Sansone is a great starter. And it's a great cardio workout that will leave you sweating! But it is super easy on the knees and simple movements too!. Which works for me since I have no coordination at all!