Exercise

Options
I hate it, but I know I have to do it. So I ordered the Fitbit Flex. I'm hoping it will encourage me to move more. I can't afford to go to a gym, but I'm hoping me walking will do it for now. Anyone have a favorite exercise?

Replies

• LevyWife
    Options
    you can definitely walk the pounds away! biking and swimming are also very good ways to get in lots of good cardio.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't have money to go to the gym either so I found Hasfit.com has lots of free workouts that I can do with my torn Mencius. I really enjoy them and I am doing weight and cardio for beginners. Good luck on finding what works for you!
  • nihil_gnome
    Options
    My fitbit flex was a real life changer for me -- seeing my actual movement throughout the day really made me feel accountable, motivated me to move around more. Walking (and jogging) are real no brainers, since we're talking about a pedometer. There are also a number of cross training/cardio workouts you can do without spending extra money if you already have Netflix or Amazon Prime.

The only downside to the pedometer approach, for me at least, is I've found myself obsessing over the step count. . . some activities log virtually no steps--like gym cardio equipment, rowing, cycling. I can log my calorie burn -- so I know I'm doing the healthy thing, but my precious step count is low.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    My favourite exercise is kickboxing, but I started with walking and cycling first. It took me a while to find something I really enjoy. My advice is keep trying different things until you find something you enjoy. :smile: