disheartened so much

Options
I am so upset right now i really don't know what to do, back in august i upped my calories to 1200 after being really silly on a vlcd, i ignored using the scale, i do cardio everyday and keep to my calories without fail.
I weighed myself today and i have gained 2 stone, i thought i was looking better, and my confidence was great my face looks smaller but my jeans are tighter when i tried them on before using the scale.
I really dont know what is happening im mortified and i just feel like giving in completely i feel physically sick because i am putting the effort in, it would be easier to accept a gain that big if i was careless but im not please any thoughts anyone?

I know at first after a vlcd there is some gain but this is too much, i don't know what to do :(

Replies

• spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    That seems like a very big gain, even after an adjustment from a vlcd. Don't beat yourself up. You're doing the right thing in trying to figure out what happened and get back on track. Maybe on the vlcd, you were so good about being restrictive because you knew that you couldn't eat much at all. Is it possible that you jumped into a 1200 calorie plan thinking you get to eat SO much more and you've been overdoing it? Are you counting every last crumb that goes in your mouth, and are you weighing in grams? If you've really been eating 1200 calories, you shouldn't have gained. So I would start by being extremely careful about logging and recommit. Good luck!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    You've gained 28 pounds??!

What were you eating before 1200?
  • SaraAxm
    SaraAxm Posts: 30
    Options
    Wait, August this year? and 2 stones? That's a weight gain of more than 2 lbs a week. That's completely impossible on a diet of 1200 calories unless you're a midget or in a coma (and barely even then). I think you need to check that you're really calculating your food intake right, because something is definitely fishy here.

If it shows that you've done everything right I would find a doctor immediately and get your hormone levels checked up.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Thats the thing that is so disheartening i weigh, measure everything, i have stayed away from the scales for a while now and i dont know what possessed me to get on them, the other thing i forgot to mention is i had pizza on friday within my calories and yesterday had soup from a can, any junk food or take out i eat is all within my macros, i also suffer sometimes from not going regularly to the toilet but still 2 stone seems so much x
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Your scale must be broken. Use a doctor's scale if you want accuracy; even then... you'd have to be eating a lot more than you calculated to have gained that much since August.

Take measurements of your body. A piece of clothing is not an indicator.

Take pictures of yourself.

Don't go back to the vlcd unless your doctor recommends it. <3

~Best wishes.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    yes august this year it really sounds unbelievable but in all honesty i would accept this if i wasn't doing it right, my vlcd was of 800 calories a day terrible i know but i have changed my mind frame and will not be doing that ever again, i do regret it but i dont understand what is happening.
    My jeans i tried are tighter but not at a point where i couldnt get them on or do them up :(
  • SaraAxm
    SaraAxm Posts: 30
    Options
    if you are gaining you are eating to much - harsh reality. You are doing something wrong, or have something funky going on with your hormones.