Mom when are you going to loose weight?

I have heard this many times in the last year from my eldest child and it's devestating. I feel that I have failed in some way as a parent. I wish I could tell you that hearing this jarred me out of the trance I have been in and sadly I can't say it has. I just continued eating the wrong things for my body. I went for a walk outside yesterday and noticed a heavy feeling in my body I have never experienced before. The sad part about it was that while I went for a walk I had plans to stop by Mc D's for a milk shake while I walked back home. OMG I can't even believe this is me writing this. I was so shocked by my physcial state during the walk that I at least came to some realizations and said no to the shake. I walked home huffing and puffing. I thought I hope I don't have a heart attack right here on the spot.

Wake up you are FAT.

Okay so I woke up and now I have got to do something about it. Tomorrow is Monday and I am starting my little plan. First I will drink lot's of lemon water to begin detoxing my system. I must get the sugar out. I will incorporate some exercize into my life. This keeps my hunger down and lifts my mood. Then I have to learn to eat again to feed my body instead of using food as a drug.

By summer I plan to be a much different me-mind, body and spirit. Wish me luck!!!

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    You don't need luck-you just need to stick with eating at a deficit, move your body and drink plenty of water.
    If you overeat don't beat yourself up and just get right back to it.
    Day by day, week by week, month by month you will see a difference.
    Believe in yourself and it will happen and you'll feel better and better and more confident.
    You can do.
    You CAN do it !