Is pineapple good or bad?

Options
I just had about 10 pieces of pineapple and enter it in MFP till after I had it.
Just about died when I saw the sugar, I have only had breakfast and am already over my sugar by like 20.

If people eat it, do they just ignore the sugar or go sugarfree for the rest of the day?
I feel really bad now for eating it!

Replies

• greyoutside
    Options
    Pineapple is so good! You can pretty safely ignore the sugar from your fruits and veggies as long as you tend to keep processed sugars and added sweeteners to a minimum.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I don't mind going over the sugar if I am eating whole foods and not processed sugar. As long as you have not health issues don't drive yourself crazy over it. I love pineapple and am not going to stop eating it.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    If I eat it I ignore the sugar, if I do not eat it I ignore the sugar--->for some crazy reason I make sure I eat my Protein, Fats, and if I need to Carbs. Best of luck.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Okay thats great, thank you everyone :-)
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to sugar most of mine are from fruit as long as it's from fruit and not sugar or candy.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I would just say watch the fake sugars you eat ... natural sugars don't affect you as badly as processed sugars do.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It's fruit...it has sugar...along with all kinds of other vitamins and minerals and antioxidants. MFP's sugar recommendation is based on the WHO's recommendation for added and refined sugars given the propensity for people to drink multiple 40 Oz Big Gulps. I hardly think the obesity epidemic is due to people having a couple pieces of pineapple or an apple or whatever...common sense.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Pineapple is nommy.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Good but I got an unripe one and it really hurt my mouth be careful lol
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    pineapple is delicious!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Great!!! Anti-inflammatory.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Soooo good. MFP doesn't differentiate natural and artificial sugars and it one of the things I hate but I just ignore the sugar now.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, like all real food is neither good nor bad.
    It has genuine nutritional value, including calories and vitamins.

"it's part of this complete breakfast"
  • baldmitch
    baldmitch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm diabetic, so I'm kind of used to the weird dietary nuances for citrus fruits.

Here's the "skinny" I get from endocrinologists and diabetic dieticians:

A single serving of fresh fruit, especially citrus, is sugar, yes, but also fiber (as well as vitamins and minerals).

Your body needs fruits like pineapple. You need to eat pineapple, and you need to enjoy pineapple. Fruits with fiber fill dietary needs greater than fruit juices, which give you all the sugar and none of the fiber.

Find out what a suggested serving size is, and keep to a single serving or two at a meal or snack, but no more.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's amazing! I have no self-control when it comes to pineapple.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    It's good when it volunteers to teach adult literacy. It's bad when it holds up banks. The rest of the time, it's just pineapple.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Pineapple also helps you poop!!! :D
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    Fruits are great for you! Don't worry about natural sugars as much as those found in cereals and sodas! Just don't eat any refined sugar for the day, like everyone else said. And yes...pineapples are amazing!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite fruits. And it has bromelain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    natural sugar, artificial sugar, fake sugar, healthy sugar,....

crazy talk

http://www.eatingrules.com/2011/05/introduction-to-sugar/