what do you think about my plan to approach a long-time plat

Options
so i've been at a plateau for about 2 months--i've switched up my exercise, spiked my calories from 1300 to 1500, and tried to zig zag them as well. i've also been drinking lots of water, yet still nothing. i'm thinking about moving my calories back down to 1300 to see what happens--i've been at 1500 for about a month and i've been reading that once you spike your calories, your body gets used to metabolizing that 1500 calories, so when you change back to 1300 it will help with weight loss.
do you think this is a good idea?

Replies

• keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    How much excercise are you doing? I have found that doing between 800 and 1000 calories a day of it and varying how many of hose calories I eat usually works to break plateaus.
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've been at the same place for a while myself, however, I blame me and summer time...I have been at a stand still because we are very social, go to a lot of picnics/bbqs/whatever, squeezed in a vacation and I'm going away with my girlfriends for a long weekend for the second time this summer! YAHOO! I am happy that I'm not gaining, I've lost 1 lb in a month. I still work out most days and try to eat right, avoid sugar and sodium (processed foods) but I've been slacking because IT"S SUMMER - LOL. This site helps me stay on track because even though I'm doing all that socializing, I'm still aware of what I do because I try to log EVERYTHING,,,, even all those evil ice cold beers on my deck after work!

Find what works for you and stick to it.... best to you! Think Health, weight loss is just the added bonus.
  • jaci232
    jaci232 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump