what plan are you on that is working really well?

Options
I was just wondering what plan everyone was on that is making them lose weight every week.
or are you just counting calories?

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I was doing weight watchers online for 4 months and lost 40 lbs but then I discovered this site and I've just been following the plan as is and I've lost 30 lbs more lbs in the last 2 months.

I really like MFP plan best
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much just following the websiet, being honest with myself, trying to cut back on sugar and salt, and exercising 6 days a week. I have lost a pound a week since January. never felt better!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I started with MFP counting calories and then after a few months, added Isagenix and am still doing that.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I just follow MFP's calorie recommendations. Been losing since February. :) I also use Alli, but not consistently. I always forget to take it.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Not really on a plan. I focus on eating unprocessed foods, whole grains, and leaner cuts of meat. The critical key to success for me is to plan ahead and make just about everything at home except 1-2 meals per week, so I can control my calorie intake.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Focusing on my protein/carb/fat ratio and sodium, as well as calories, here and bringing it 6 days a week with P90X!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much just following the websiet, being honest with myself, trying to cut back on sugar and salt, and exercising 6 days a week. I have lost a pound a week since January. never felt better!

That is so awesome to hear. People tend to complicate weight loss, and I think you really captured the essence of it.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I just hold myself accountable for all I eat. I make sure to workout (pushing myself) 6 days a week for an hour. I am trying hard to eat a balanced diet (more veggies/fruit less processed crap).

Its working so far... 29 pounds in just over 3 months.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am just counting calories using MFP and I do Jazzercise 4x/week and swim 1-2x/week. So far I've lost 24lbs in 1.5 months.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i"m doing hcg right now and plan to go to the low carb and low fat i like this diet because it is resetting my food in take before i would eat the hole house and now its littel i mean really littel that help alot because pretty soon that all you can eat its really what ever diet they all work is you dont cheat and dont give up this my sister sent me so that why i"M doing it iwant to exercise a lot i have to build muscles so that why i"M going to do the low carb high protein i"m fat and don"at want a lot of loose skin then i might go back to weight watchers theri all good if you use tham
  • caldwellchris
    Options
    I'm not on any gimmick diet (South Beach, Primal Blue Print, Atkins, HCG, etc...)

I don't purchase any snake oil (Alli, Xenedrine, or Hoodia, etc...)

I get as close as I can every day to every calorie, macronutruient and micronutrient listed on MFP.

I purchased a digital food scale that I use to weigh EVERYTHING I eat.

I workout Monday, Wednesday and Friday with a workout that includes:

1) 20 minutes of cardio (biking, elliptical, running)
    2) Strength Training - 3 sets of bench presses, lateral pull downs, leg curls, leg presses, shoulder presses, and squats.

I also read the message boards on MFP consistently to acquire knowledge and support from other people.

The community of folks here is great.

Good luck with your weight loss journey; we're all here and in it together!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP in Jan and just kept track of what and how much I ate and made healthier substitutions to what I was eating so I could keep eating what i liked but with better results. The biggest changes that helped with my weight loss were cutting out all soft drinks, reducing my sodium intake, and upping my water. I also focused on eating more fruits and whole grains, wheat bread, pastas, etc. My workouts consisted of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and some of her other DVDs before doing P90X 6 days a week which I completed early July. Now I'm doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid program 6 days a week while continuing to use MFP to maintain my weight. The end of Aug I'll start training for a 1/2 marathon in Nov on top of my hybrid program.
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more! :tongue: That's the plan I'm on!

I log everything I eat, and try to get some form of exercise daily. I need to add more strength training though, and am not sure how to fit that in.

ETA: I've lost 22 pounds in 41 days. Crazy.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I do a mix of Medifast and mfp.....I am probably the worst medifast person ever...becaues i eat fruit and splurge on foods, but i hardly ever go over 1100 calories....I honestly feel great, this past week i have had some crazy cravings though! But energy wise it's all good! Plus I don't think I have ever ate this many veggies in my life! haha
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just started something along the lines Medifast but I use EAS Advantedge Carb Control shakes I get at Sam's. I eat 2 "real meals" a day also. I eat 1200 calories a day. I just started tracking it here today.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I count calories using MFP and I try and eat only whole grain carbs and no white sugar. I started out on the Prism plan but I have modified it a little. Instead of just whole wheat bread I will have a double fiber whole wheat English muffin. I have had a lot of slip ups:ohwell: but I keep getting back on program. I make an effort to exercise 5 days a week, even if it is just a 20 minute walk. I am making lifetime changes so I try not to stress if I have a less than perfect day.:noway: I faithfully read the Community posts because I have gotten a lot of great information from other MFP users.:drinker:
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    1) Counting calories on MFP
    > I also started to pay attention ratio of carbs, fat and protein I was eating and learned to balance those using MFP
    > Learned to pay attention to sodium and fiber content --> from that I've learned to eat "cleaner".
    > Very important to me is weighing and measuring food to make sure I have the right portions
    > Planning my meals and grocery shopping in advance
    > Learned to read food labels (shopping takes longer now, but that's okay).
    > Hunting for interesting "good choice" recipes that are still tasty and good to look at.
    > Most important to me was making healthy food choices and habits that I could carry forward into maintainance (I've just started doing that during the last few weeks). I've found that I'm eating almost exactly the same as with the loss stage except a few more calories added in here and there through the day.

2) Exercise
    > Zumba class twice a week
    > Strength training (with some cardio) 3x a week
    > Walking to town for our Friday night restaurant evening meal instead of driving.

3) Drinking more water

4) Changing my mind/habits
    > Changing my mindset from viewing fatty or sugary food as a treat
    > Learning not to consider my lifestyle change a deprivation
    > Teaching myself to eat slower and not to "inhale" my dinner without tasting it
    > Being stubborn with myself sometimes (No... I WILL NOT have that huge piece of carrot cake simply because it looks delicious).

5) Keeping informed
    > Reading and taking part in the MFP forums
    > Reading food blogs/magazines/articles.

Good luck on your journey!
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just this site I love it and I love my friends and watching what everyone else is doing. I participate more in this then I ever did years ago on weight watchers or the other ones.

Good Luck on this

Debbie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    The MFP plan!! WOOT!:drinker:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I count calories and really watch my sodium intake. I haven't given a single thing up, I just make better choices and limit my amount of unhealthy foods. I exercise 6 days a week and try to be more active in my regular daily routine.