Yet another JM 30 day shred question..

Options
Hi there,

So I have been out of shape for a while now after having baby # 2. I have Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred workout DVD. My question is how effective is this workout? I am 5'7 and weigh approx 195 lbs . I want to get down to 150 lbs. Do I do lvl one for a few weeks then move to lvl two? Do I take breaks? Should I do lvls back to back or is 20 minutes enough? I really badly wanna be thin...Any input welcome! Thank you :)

Replies

• srhelm
    srhelm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just do as much as you can and keep pushing yourself to go a little bit further and keep doing research. On the web and also on this site. You will gain information and alter your plan as you go. Log your food as well. I am no expert but a mom of three grown kids that just wanted to get healthy not only for them but for me. Good luck.

Shelley
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    I would love to hear other peoples Jillian experiences. What they did, how their results were...
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    The video itself won't help you lose a lot of weight, that comes from eating at a calorie deficit. But it will help tighten things up some and increase your overall fitness.

The idea behind the DVD is to do 10 days at each level, but you can definitely take longer on each level if you're still struggling or move to the next level faster if it feels too easy. Personally, I've started it twice and never made it to level 3 because I got bored during the first two levels and moved on to something else. But the first time I did it, I took a day off in between during the first week of level one because I was so sore. The second time, I was in better shape, so I did it 5 days a week and took the weekends off. I did 3 and half weeks that way and it seemed to work well for me. Then my routine got thrown off halfway through level 2 and I just never went back.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    Thank you for your answer it was very helpful!
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yes it's 10 days per level but you are suppose to take breaks..I took Sunday's off and the day before starting the next level...I loved levels 1 and 3 and hated level 2..Lol 30 day shred is hard on the knees..make sure you have a mat...some people start out with no weights..like me and eventually I got up to 5 pound weights...lol..the shred is good for inch lost I lost about 10 inches and 8 pounds while eating a deficit with MFP...also you log it under circuit training...
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    It improved my fitness a lot but I didn't lose much weight. Ten days per level with at least one rest day between levels (I took two per level) and a sensible calorie deficit.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    Awesome! I feel ready to do this now! I appreciate all your answers! Thank you :)