Confused

Options
I am upset because I have not lost any weight this week, except for a few ounces. I have worked out MORE this week than I EVER have, I usually eat most of my calories in a day.

I don't understand. In the last few weeks when I lost weight I even ate more chips and a Big Mac one day and didn't excercise every day and lost weight. SO what gives.

I am at about a few hundered calorie deficit without excercise today but dont want to eat more cause I don't want to go over on my sodium or my sugar. So if I excercise tonight, will I have to eat more to lose weight? I am so confused, hve I not beeneating enough? is this why I have not lost weight even though I have more than met my excercise goal??

Please help before I get discouraged.

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Increased workouts = water retention as your muscles repair themselves. This can result in 1+ lbs on the scale but will go away after 1-2 weeks when your body gets used to your new workouts.

When you log your workouts, MFP adds those calories to your daily allotment. If you don't eat them, you increase the calorie deficit MFP already gave you when you set up your accout when you selected a goal of 1/2, 1, 2, etc lbs loss per week. If you eat your exercise calories, then you're sticking with the deficit MFP set and not increasing it. Which should you do? Depends on your body. Some people do better no eating any, others do better eating all, and the rest do better eating somewhere in between. If you want to be the most accurate with exercise calories, invest in a heart rate monitor. If you use MFP I would recommend only eating up to 80% of the exercise calories because I found MFP estimated a higher calorie burn than what my heart rate monitor said so that will prevent you from overestimating/overeating calories.

Hope this helps.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    OK thanks!! Maybe it is water retention. I already have a problem with that, which I take medications for. I thought the excercise calories were high so I don't always eat them. Sometimes I eat some, but not all. Depends if I am hungry or not.

I just thought I was doing something wrong. I can't be starving on 1,400 calories a day right? I usually only burn 100 - 300 cals a day max. Except for when I went swimming this week.

Relieved, I will just wait then and hope for the best.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    No you won't starve on 1400 calories a day. In fact, your body only requires a minimum of 1200 calories a day to function properly. As long as you maintain an average of 1200 calories a day you're doing just fine. And continue to listed to your body as it sounds like you're doing; if you're hungry eat, if not, don't, provided you maintain that 1200 calories per day. Hang in there, it's a slow, but steady process! :flowerforyou:
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I was just so excited in the beginning and to stall so soon kinda threw me for a loop.

Thanks for the support. :)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're retaining water, or maybe your body is taking a few days to adjust to what you are doing.