Pumpkin Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe in a magazine at my nutritionists office that I thought sounded wonderful. I haven't made it yet, so I can't offer an actual opinion...
    1 1 oz pkg sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 tsp grnd cinnamon
    1/2 tsp grnd ginger
    1/4 tsp grnd nutmeg
    1 1/2 C cold 1% milk
    1 C pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
    1 C fat-free whipped topping
    3 ginger snaps, crushed
    2 Tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger

In large bowl whisk dry pudding mix, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Slowly whisk in the milk, whisking for 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and continue to whisk until mixture begins to set. Fold in the whipped topping, Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

For each serving, put 1/4 cup if the pumpkin mousse into desert cups. Add a layer of gingersnap crumbs. Add another 1/4 C of mousse. Sprinkle the top of each with 1 tsp of crystallized ginger.

Cal. 105
    Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 5 mg
    Carbs 21g
    Fiber 2g
    Sugar 12g
    Protein 3g

Wow, that sounds amazing...I wonder what magazine that came out of.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    So many awesome recipes!!!! I am excited to get cooking :)
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I roasted a pumpkin the other day and am trying a recipe out this weekend for pumpkin ravioli which happens to be meatless! It says to use wonton wrappers, but I decided to attempt making whole wheat pasta from scratch. Doesn't look too difficult.....we shall see!

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/1088594-Pumpkin-Ravioli
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I made these last night:

1 box Pillsbury Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix
    1 can of pumpkin pure

Compbine until moist, bake as cupcakes (12) per the package instructions. 145 calories. Yum.

I did this only with devils' food cake mix, I got it from hungrygirl.com. Yummy, and surprisingly moist. I never saw the pumpkin cake mix though, I'm going to try that!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    bumpity boo