belly pooch.

Options
okay i know the infamous pooch. i know there are millions of posts & questions about it, but i still have my concerns. this is probably this first time i have lost weight the normal way with proper diet & exercise yet my pooch makes me look bigger than i am. woman who way more than me have flatter tummies & it is a bit discouraging. i hear a lot of people say cardio, cardio, cardio, and that is what i do. i just want to know will it eventually leave or reduce in size, because i do cardio w| a combo of strength, and my diet is pretty good. yet the pooch still there. my pants are getting smaller but i still have the pooch, so it looks gross when i wear what i should be able to now. any tips on what to do & have you lost your pooch & when did you see signs of pooch shrinkage (pooch shrinkage haha). :laugh:

but seriously i am getting discouraged. :sad:

Replies

• jlizgar
    jlizgar Posts: 104
    Options
    Have you had kids? If so, I bet you have an unhealed Diastisis....you should try the Tupler Method developed by a nurse specifically for healing diastisis.
    Read this website for all the info!
    http://www.maternalfitness.com/
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You're young. It'll go. I did lose weight when I was younger and my pooch disappeared. I'm more worried about it now, though. Went and got old. How did that happen?
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    im doing hcg and i noticed my belly has went down about 25% thank god i dont have a belly pooch its a mountain
  • jessikawilliams
    Options
    I have the belly pooch too! Stick with your intermitent cardio and strength training and it'll start melting away! In the mean time I say go ahead and buy those smaller sizes if your ready for them and use a stomach shaper to smooth out your pooch. Confidence works wonders for weight loss!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Give it time. Seriously. Keep doing what you are doing. I had twins by C-section almost 9 years ago and it has never gone away during that time, even when I lost so much weight with Weight Watchers. I'm doing P90X right now, on my second round this time Lean, and it has gotten significantly smaller. There is so much core work in the DVDs as well as cardio and strength training that it really does work. I am going to do Insanity after this round (again tons of core work and cardio) and hope to see the rest of my 6 pack.
  • lamoore
    lamoore Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel ya- I have it too! My trainer says- crunches! But make sure you tilt your pelvis first!
  • Superman79
    Options
    Strength training is key here. You want to build strong lean muscle to burn that fat up. Once you have strong lean muscle mass, doing cardion that utilizes the whole body at one time will help. Walking is okay as is running but both will not be quite as effective as exercises that involve the core moving as well. Power 90 and P90x are both great programs that utilize the muscle building and full body cardio.
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    One word: Pilates.

My pilates instructor is not the most fit, but has the flattest tummy. AND THAT is why I am in her Pilates class :love:
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    im doing hcg and i noticed my belly has went down about 25% thank god i dont have a belly pooch its a mountain

i was going to try that, ordered it & everything, but my bf didnt think it was healthy for me & i threw it out, and decided to lose weight the old fashioned way.
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    One word: Pilates.

My pilates instructor is not the most fit, but has the flattest tummy. AND THAT is why I am in her Pilates class :love:

ha, thanks i may try that. i want a flat tummy too!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

i was going to try that, ordered it & everything, but my bf didnt think it was healthy for me & i threw it out, and decided to lose weight the old fashioned way.
    Good for you!:drinker: :wink: Very wise choice, that way you can keep the weight off after all your hard work! :flowerforyou: Always best to eat healthy and workout instead of trying out yet another crazy, unhealthy 500 cal a day fad diet!:drinker: