Needing a partner/motivater(s) also

Options
I'm 19, at 205... quite sad. SO tired of being this weight. I start my journey on October 7th, so tomorrow. It'd be awesome to have a partner(s) so we could motivate each other, and keep each other on the right track.

I am new to MFP. Seems very cool. Think it'd be an awesome aid during this journey.

Replies

• meganhite
    meganhite Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Girl let's do this! I'm looking to lose weight to feel better about myself and feel healthier and not like a tub of lard!
  • Aweriah
    Aweriah Posts: 15
    Options
    If you want you can add me! Together we can do this!
  • freetoroamwithu
    freetoroamwithu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Well I'd be glad to jump on board with you and help you as well.
    Don't feel bad about being 19 and a plus size girl. There isn't anything to be ashamed of just stay motivated, and don't let anyone ever tell you that you're NOT going to have a healthy lifestyle.

I am 37 years old, and about to do my first 5k in about 8 weeks or so and I weigh in at exactly 233 lbs, and I am 5'0" in midly decent shape but who cares it's for a cause that suits me, and not any other person: My health! Also for the charity of Breast Cancer Awareness

I just started doing this again just recently, and it's kind of hard but the great thing is about this is you're able to plug in all of your foods you like and use them as a grocery shopping list.
    So that's one great way to do it.
    Use this tool as a huge shopping list for FOOD. That's what I've started doing since last weekend, and it's helped me a lot so far, not craving anything-YET! I try to keep snacking in between meals like small stuff to keep my sugar level at bay so I don't feel hungry.
    Eat tons of Fiber, and medium carbs with lots and lots of water. Infuse your water if yo have to get a better taste like with fresh fruits (apples,pinepapples,mangos,organes,etc..) leave them in fridge for a day saw this on FB and I have to admit they're pretty tasty! No artifical sugars, just natural sweetner from the fruits. Key thing is to stay away from sodas and junk food. I know it's hard, but hey we're human and thank goodness for this MFP application, and website. So we can just plug in our choice of junk food into our daily intake. So may seem cliche, but it will work. Just try it for the first two weeks, you'll notice how refreshed you'll feel after replacing a soda with a bottled water with each meal.
    Also, remember each time you wake up drink a glass of water. That helps jump start your organs and helps get them moving with the blood flow. it's like a generator for your body.
    If you like to cook try to steam your meats with a seasoning that has less sodium. Sodium makes women retain water. The more water we drink the less sodium we retain it gets flushed out with the tons of water we drink.
    Even baked meats are great as well just make sure that the meats are seperated from the fats that are dripping out.

I keep all this information handy since I work for a Cardio/Pulmonary/Bariatric Hospital in the Emergency Room. Around a lot of great free medical advice.

Good Luck and Many Blessings- You're going to be just fine.
    Have any questions feel free to inbox me.
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good luck at meeting your goals. You are more than welcome to add me, that is open to everyone. Always looking for motivating friends!! :)
  • SJRockz
    SJRockz Posts: 12
    Options
    Girl let's do this! I'm looking to lose weight to feel better about myself and feel healthier and not like a tub of lard!

Ditto!! I'm with ya!! =]:drinker:
  • SJRockz
    Options
    If you want you can add me! Together we can do this!

So cool!! Okay!! =]
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Ah, how I miss being 19 and weighing around 200...Sad, right??

I'm now 33 and working my way down from 260...260!!!

If you'd like, please add me...i've been trying to log all my meals and what exercise I've been getting and I am all for some motivation/insiration and encouragement!!

Good Luck til then!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Anke861
    Anke861 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! :)

Aren't we all in need of some motivation as the days grow shorter once again! :(

You got this!
  • SJRockz
    Options

If you'd like, please add me...i've been trying to log all my meals and what exercise I've been getting and I am all for some motivation/insiration and encouragement!!

Good Luck til then!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Thank you so much!! You too!! :drinker:
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You can do this. :)

If you need any tips or advice, or if you're looking for free workout channels or something of that nature to get started on that type of stuff, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help the best I can. :)
  • SJRockz
    Options
    Add me if you like! :)

Aren't we all in need of some motivation as the days grow shorter once again! :(

You got this!

Every bit helps!! Thanks!!:bigsmile:
  • LisaMEngland
    LisaMEngland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! i have quite a bit to lose and love being motivated by others. Some of my friends now have their settings set so that others can see their food diary. Its great to check out for ideas.
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too :) I am in need of some extra motivation. Been really good for ages, but starting to let it slip!!
    seeing everyone elses progress always helps!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options

I just miss being 19!!!

I'm 34, 5' and always open to new friends. Hope your weight loss journey is a good one
  • SJRockz
    Options

I just miss being 19!!!

I'm 34, 5' and always open to new friends. Hope your weight loss journey is a good one

Thank you so much!! You too!! =]
  • gogochariots
    Options
    Hey you!
    I know you and I are very different body types, but I will do my best to keep you motivated. :3 We can do this!
    Please feel free to add me! I know a lot of really good workout videos on Youtube if that's something you're interested in!
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    As I approach 44 years old all I want is for ya'll teenagers to not be struggling with gettting healthy. I tell my children all the time "IF you would just pick up what I'm putting down then your life will NOT be like this at my age..." :wink:
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Dandeliiondreams Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 lbs to loose. Anyone can add me. Good luck everyone !!