Fitbit Flex or Jawbone Up????

Options
nb82
nb82 Posts: 13 Member
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting myself either a fitbit flex or jawbone up as I like the convienience of wearing it on my wrist as it can't fall off and doesn't need the chest strap. Just wondering if anyone has used either of these and if so are they any good. Any info on how accurate they are for calories etc or general feedback would be greatly received!

Thanks everyone

Replies

• Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Here is a comparison article.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/07/the-great-fitness-band-shootout/

I have just completed one full week with the Flex. I chose it for its features, especially the convenience of putting it on and forgetting about it. I sync it with my IPad which I usually have throughout the day. The steps counter seems to be a bit off when I use a standalone pedometer. Or could it be the pedometer off. Either way, I realize that none of these are super precise.

If you search older threads, you will find others discussing the merits of the fitness trackers.

Good luck!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the Fitbit Flex 2 days ago and am in love. I read the reveiw link posted here plus another one and both preferred the Fitbit, but admitted that they were very similiar, but the Fitbit aboyt $40 cheaper. It was very easy to sync up with my MFP.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You might want to check this out... new Fitbit Force coming out in 3-4 weeks. Very similar to Flex but has display on band and a few additional features.

http://www.fitbit.com/force

As far as the Flex, I have one and like it. Although now that I'm seeing the info about the Force, I'm thinking I may sell my Flex and get it! ;)
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I JUST got the flex last week, and now there's this force?? I can't keep up! Though, I don't see anything about being able to wear it in the shower, and that was a major selling point for me.

14877786.png
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I compared the two myself, and one thing the major reviews don't tell you is that the Jawbone Up seems to have synching issues with MFP. I found this out by searching the boards here to see how other MFPers liked their devices. I really like MFP and have worked hard to get my foods added in, and I don't want to switch to another food logging program.

I also really like the automatic synching of the Flex. I think if I had to plug my device into my phone just to see how I'm doing for the day, it would annoy me and I'd eventually stop using the device. The Flex syncs wirelessly, so I can check my app to see how I'm doing for the day.

Oh, and the flex was $30 cheaper than the Up.

The downside to both devices is that they don't accurately track activity when cycling or pushing a stroller or shopping cart. I've also found that when I walk with my hands in my pockets, it tracks fewer steps than if my hands were swinging free.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hold out for another few weeks and you can get the new FitBit Force! AWESOME! I have the Flex and absolutely love it!
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Google Fitbit Force. It's a better version of the flex PLUS it acts as a watch.
  • dshalbert
    Options
    Grrrr I just read the review on the Fitbit Force and I want it! Too bad I just bought my flex 1 days ago.
  • dshalbert
    Options
    I JUST got the flex last week, and now there's this force?? I can't keep up! Though, I don't see anything about being able to wear it in the shower, and that was a major selling point for me.

14877786.png

I've got good news, HardyGirl4 . . .that is if you bought your Fitbit Flex at Best Buy, which is where I bought mine. Thye have a 14 day return policy, even if I did already take it out of the box and use it. I asked customer service and even showed that I was currenty wearing it on my wrist. They said as long as I still had the receipt it should be no problem. They just dont know when they will be getting the Fitbit Force in, so they told me that I should just return the one I have within the 14 days and keep an eye for the Force.
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love love love Fitbit. I started with the Ultra, I now have the flex and yes I plan on buying the force.

So as you can see I am team fitbit!!!