i dont know what to eat please help

Options
Hello, my calorie intake a day was calculated that i only eat 1600 calories a day could some people tell me what i should eat i just dont know thanks

Replies

• mossboss16
    Options
    Hello, my calorie intake a day was calculated that i only eat 1600 calories a day could some people tell me what i should eat i just dont know thanks
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Go to the store and buy as much fresh produce as you can. Cucumbers, apples, bananas, grapes, strawberries, etc. That's the biggest help to me, eating as much fresh as possible. It's lower in calories, high in fiber, tasty, and filling!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Tall order, I'm not really sure how to begin. I'll give you a day in my life if you want. It's a start at least.

breakfast: 1 banana, 1 Lite n fit yogurt smoothie, 1 package of quaker weight control oatmeal
    mid morning snack: 1 serving of Cabot 75% fat free cheddar cheese
    Mid morning snack2: danon lite n fit yogurt
    Lunch: V8 6 oz can, some kind of wrap (usually turkey) whole wheat wrap, with lite american cheese
    5 oz turkey meat, letuce, onion, pickles, mustard.
    Mid afternoon snack: Apple or about 25 almonds
    mid afternoon snack2: carrots and sugar snap peas (raw, about 1 12 oz baggie of them)
    Dinner: a white meat of some kind or a 90% lean burger with lettuce onion pickles and mustard on a
    whole wheat bun, a veggie (asparagus or colliflower or broccoli usually), sometimes a salad
    with fat free ranch dressing.
    after dinner snack: usually some sunflower seeds and a serving of whole wheat prezels or lite pop
    corn, sometime, I'll throw in a piece of lite angel food cake with pureed
    strawberries and splenda.

does this help? Remember though, I need about 2700 calories a day so this will be more then you can have.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I still eat most of what I used to eat I just make the higher calorie things smaller portions and add in lots of veggies.
    To save on calories you can go to the store and look for lower calorie versions of what you ate ie. Bread, wraps, dairy products.
    I reduced my red meat intake and eat chicken turkey or pork. I also eat turkey bacon and egg beaters now and I switched to fat free milk.
    Good luck to you
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm honestly NOT a fruit/veggie person
    Are u looking for healthy foods..high cal healthy foods
    Here are some things I eat daily

string cheese
    almonds
    FiberOne and Kashi granola bars
    Trader Joe low-fat whole wheat bread
    Kashi waffles and cinnamon delight cereal
    turkey burger with TK low fat whole wheat bun
    yogurt
    Trader joe blueberry and pomegranate muffins

Hope that helps, let us know if u need more specific help
    Kim
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Filler foods - snacks...
    *Popcorn - air popped has less calories than the microwaveable - evening snack
    *Fiber One Cereal - I keep it at my desk at work - pour it into a bowl in the morning & snack away all morning... the fiber content "almost" washes the calories
    *Trader Joe's sour cream & onion rice crisp - low cal chip craving killer
    *Trader Joes's Belgium Dark chocolate - 1 pc usually kills my sweet tooth (careful-40 cals per piece)

Breakfast - I don't have time to make anything fancy...
    Bananas, hard boiled eggs, peanut butter toast - alot of mornings I'll just have a traditional peanut butter & jelly sandwich(I usually use pumpernickle bread)

Lunch - Turkey sandwich on pumpernickle & a salad (most days)

Dinner - We love to cook... it varies ALOT... mostly cook with chicken or fish. We love beef, it just isn't the same when we are trying to keep it low cal. Look in the recipe section here, there are alot of good ones.
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have that very same problem and when I ask the Dietitian to help me make a menu plan with foods I like, the response is, "Here is a sample"

Main thing is to choose as much natural foods that you like which meet the daily requirements. That way you can enjoy your food and still be healthy.