Yoga?

Options
Hey everyone, I am wanting to do a good yoga workout. I do not have the money to go to an actual class but would like to try a DVD at home. I have tried the positions on our Wii Fitness. But I am hoping for something a little more structured than a do it yourself thing. Can anyone suggest any good DVD's? (especially for a beginner)

Replies

• Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    Options
    do you want traditional yoga or a fun sexy workout that is all about stretching but will kick your butt! Check out The S Factor floor work...I have done it and it is AMAZING.
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I found some really good ones on Youtube. I put them on my portable video player and took it to work to have something to do on my break.
  • JensLogin
    Options
    I just started to do Yoga as well. I have tried a couple of the Rodney Yee DVDs and only really liked the Motion one. I plan on trying the Jillian DVD next. I did hear the PX90 Yoga one is supposed to be pretty good as well, but have not tried it yet. I put a similiar post of about a month ago and got some good ideas, I just can't remember them all right now! I'm sure you will get additional feedback from all of the great folks here!

Happy Yoga!
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me the Gaiam pregnancy yoga dvd while I was pregnant and loved it! It actually completely eliminated my sciatica issue. I would buy Gaiam again. I've seen some yoga and pilates dvd on Netflix in the "watch it now" section. You can order a free dvd from Netflix to watch the "watch it now" stuff free if you have an account.
  • dougsheldon
    Options
    I used to HATE yoga until I started p90x and the yoga video with this program. The only thing is the length. Almost an hour and 40 minutes long. It's a great workout though. And yes, it is actually more of a workout. I've done this yoga video that my girlfriend has before and thought it was stupid. But the p90x one does some pretty hard vinyasa sequences and warrior poses up until just about half way through and then it gets into the balance poses and stretches and it gets soo relaxing.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I've done quite a few yoga classes before downloading some videos at home. I was really impressed with the P90X yoga video. It's authentic ashtanga yoga, not a hybrid workout, and the quick transition between challenging poses means I burn about 400 calories in a 45 minute workout. I highly recommend it.
  • SuzyT01
    SuzyT01 Posts: 12
    Options
    If you get it, try Namaste Yoga on FitTV! Its a great workout, it can be hard but you can always work through it. They have great relaxing music and the warm ups and cool downs are sooo helpful! Only half an hour long (with commercials). Like I said, if you get FitTV, try it!! I freakin love it and DVR it everyday! Plus its free if you already have the channel!