what foods do I need not to eat

Options
I know some foods have more calories fat ect. but as long as I stay under the calorie intake ect. on my chart do I have to give up the foods I love inorder to lose weight as long as I stay in my range on the food chart?::indifferent:

Replies

• Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should give up any foods that you love. I know I haven't. I do eat a proper serving and if it can be made healthier I do that too. I still eat pizza, hamburgers, french fries, chocolate bars, etc. I just eat them on occasion and eat more healthy on a regular basis. It's a lifestyle not a diet.
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    You don't have to give anything up. If you want chocolate eat the chocolate. If you want pizza than eat the pizza. But instead of eating a giant snickers maybe you could eat a square of dark chocolate, instead of eating a meat loves deep dish maybe eat a few squares of a veggie thin crust. There's healthier alternatives to everything and it all tastes great. You just have to find out what works best for you. You should never gibe up what you love but change modify it and make it healthier.

Also start introducing healthy stuff into every meal. A fruit with breakfast, a serving of veggies with lunch and dinner. A smart idea is to eat that stuff first and then you'll be fuller and won't eat as much of whatever you chose for your meal.

----The food examples I used were just examples. I don't think you eat a giant snickers all the time. lol.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    That depends on what you love. A diet of twinkies, soda and candy can be made to stay within allowed calories, but it is not a healthy way to eat or lose weight, and will leave you starving, nutritionally.

On the other hand, if your favorites are a hamburger, or mac and cheese, or pizza, all these can be made in a healthier fashion so that you can still include them in your diet, get some good nutrition in the process, and have something you enjoy.

In order to answer your question, one would need to know what your favorites are.
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I was wondering cause people were putting on here foods they have to give up so... I got a little disapointed lol! I have down sized a lot just because I didn't want to put it on the chart lol. Its really helped a lot. I even added more exercise in just so I could log it. My husband thinks Im nuts! Thanks again!!:happy:
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    My son sees a nutritionist (due to a medical problem) and the nutritionist told me that they a is no such thing as a 'bad' food. There are just some foods that due to their higher content of fat, calories, etc, should be eaten less. It's not good to completely eliminate any kind of food from your diet as you just end up wanting it all the more.

I find that if I REALLY want, for example, chocolate, then I just damn well have some. If I don't, I end up obsessing about it, grazing on other food for hours, and THEN have the chocolate. So I clock up about three times as many calories as I would have if I'd just eaten the chocolate in the first place!