30 Day Shred October - who's in???

Options

Replies

• faye_andrea
    faye_andrea Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I struggled in deciding whether to go 30 days straight or mix it up with other work outs, or do 6 days a week with one rest day. On another forum, someone mentioned that Jillian's advice on her podcast was:

"2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name ('30 Day Shred') was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight)."

So I think you probably are supposed to include rest days. That means that if the above is accurate, the 30 day shred is not actually supposed to be completed in 30 consecutive days, it just means that you do it 30 times over a course of however long (probably works out to be about 6 weeks I'm guessing, depending on how you space it out).

With that being said, I am stubborn and decided to just go 30 days in a row and then once I've completed that, I will integrate the shred routines into a more sane schedule that includes a rest day to maintain.
  • staceymae19
    Options
    Im going to start today :)
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 9 for me but I'm jumping in.
  • tinasheonline
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 20 for me and I'm liking the results so far! Enjoy the workout!!
  • ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's my favorite workout videos ever so I'm in. I will only be doing level 1 (no moving to level 2 for me- too many moves that could send me into back pain if I'm not careful) but did start on 9/30 so this morning was day 6. I do the video Monday thru Friday mornings & then treadmill in the evenings to round out my 50 to 60 minutes of exercise for the day. Rest on the weekends (if cleaning the house is consider resting)!

Nice challenge!
  • kozubl
    kozubl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! Add me kozubl we can motivate each other!
  • kozubl
    kozubl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am doing it! add me kozubl I am on day 4
  • vaninags
    vaninags Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is my day 1 today.
  • courtneyswonke0218
    courtneyswonke0218 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Did my first workout of 30DS this morning and loved it! Will be sticking with it for the full 30 days! Good luck!!!:smile:
  • smrising
    smrising Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm starting right after I reply to this thread! Feel free to add me and we can keep in touch about the program together! :)
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I start level 2 tonight for day 11.... Here is to my sore muscles tomorrow!
  • faye_andrea
    faye_andrea Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 20 for me and I'm liking the results so far! Enjoy the workout!!

How are the second and third levels? I'm starting level 2 in a couple days and I'm nervous!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am IN ! Day 2 for me as well.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I started this thread too the day before October 1st...however, we have members on days 1 - 8...

Will be started level 2 in a few days.

Anyone is able to join!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/51384-october-2013-30-day-shred-challenge
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing Day 9 of level 1 tonight. I'll probably also add an extra day to this level for good measure.

Advice -
    Take your measurements ASAP and keep measuring every week or so. I started to see a small difference after the first week and really regretted not taking measurements before I started.

Take rest days. I think it's best to not do more than 2 or 3 days straight. I have noticed that my muscles take better to the workout after a rest day too.

Some people like to supplement extra cardio with 30DS. I personally take a daily walk on a hiking path near work. It burns extra calories without pushing me too hard.

Good luck everyone & feel free to add me!
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I ordered it the other day, should get it Thursday! Excited. Loving T25, but already getting bored with the repeativeness! Feel Free to Add Me :)
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! Ordered this morning and will be arriving tomorrow. Will start tomorrow evening.
    My husband has been away with the military for eight months (during that time I gave birth to our second child) and will be home shortly after I complete 30DS, so I am ALL for it! Feel free to add me!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :)

I just finished Level 1, Day 1.
  • maddiejaymes
    maddiejaymes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 6! It was killer the first 3-4 days, but I am not sore anymore! Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated :)