Eating fish

Options
2»

Replies

• ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like Tilapia sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray, liberally sprinkled with lemon pepper. Grilled on the George Foreman. Wonderful!
  • Jen21878
    Jen21878 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Swai is the best non-fishy tasting fish ever! I just sprinkle Mrs. Dash Salt Free Seasoning on (any flavor) with some lemon juice. Bake it at 350 for 20-ish minutes. SO good. I also dip it in a mixture of mild wing sauce (sweet baby ray's or anchor bar or even red hot would work) & mustard. SOOOOO good.

You won't regret it. Trust me.
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon, especially sockeye...mmmm so good. I also love halibut cheeks :). And smoked steel heads! lol I work at a fishery in Alaska in the summers so I am stocked up. I don't like most types of seafood tho
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Fish should not taste fishy or have an odour ---> Fresh is the best way to avoid this.
    Another great thing I always like to do is squeeze fresh lemon or lime on fish (gently rub all over)
    and rinse well before preparing this prevents the usual seafood smell :)

What I like & tend to consume;
    Salmon
    Rainbow Trout
    Halibut
    Tilapia
    Snapper
    Haddock
    King Fish
    Herrings
    Cod
    --Experiment with different styles of preparing and you'll find one you enjoy :)

Last night I had the most amazing dinner - Fresh Wild Atlantic Herbed Salmon (baked)
    with Roasted Onions & Garlic and a side of Carrots & Peas .... Mmmm... Just Divine!!!

For seafood options you may also want to try Scallops Calamari Shrimp & Mussels (among others)
    It's a wonderful selection for seafood - Delicious!!!