help!

Options
I've been invited to a baby shower.My question is:Will it look really cheesy of me,if i bring my own diet food to eat at this shower,so i don't go of my diet,or should i just not eat till i get home?I don't want to hurt anyones feelings.What do i do?

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Its hard to say really. You know the people, so have probably got a better idea of how they would feel than us. None of my friends would care either way I don't think.
  • LittlePam
    Options
    Can't you eat before you go? If not, then I would take a dish for the group that you know you can eat.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I despite the words "diet food"
    Unless you are on a special mail order food type program no food should be entirely off limits. Ask the host prior to the shower what you could bring as you are really watching your intake and while you may indulge, you want to be prepared so you can better frame your day. Bring a large bottle of water and drink 2 cups before you eat anyting and another 2cups during your meal/before you go get dessert. Try to fill up without extra calories: there is almost always fruit or veggies, salad, etc.

While eating before you go works for many, it generally does not work for me because my eyes are super hungry :)
    eat a huge salad and load up on the water within the hour before you go are my best tips.