I'm finally up for it: getting back in the dating game.

Options
Pangea250
Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
It's been a long time. I divorced in 2005. Since then, I haven't really dated, except for 2 dinners about 2 years ago when I wasn't really ready. I was so uncomfortable with myself...how could I let anybody in? But with 81 lbs down now and only 23 to go, I feel ready! So I've got a date on Wednesday. Looking forward to it!

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    two-thumbs-up.jpg
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Have fun, and congrats on your loss :smile:
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    please be prepared to come back with a full summary, post date analysis, and pictures and videos of your progress. Really wanna see this develop now that you have ensconced me in your personal life
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Remember MFP #1 Rule of Dating: Coupons are not acceptable currency on a first date.

Have fun.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    alright, this is my kinda post!!!!! good luck on your date and hope you get laid!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Remember MFP #1 Rule of Dating: Coupons are not acceptable currency on a first date.

Have fun.

Lies
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Have fun.

Lies

Oh no... there was a quorum held on the matter in 2011 and it was voted and approved as MFP Law.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thats awesome~! Hope it goes well.
  • Azkadelia
    Azkadelia Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Hope you have fun. Let us know how it goes. :)
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!! That is awesome!! I've been divorced for 3 years just went on my first not very long
    ago and he turned into Mr. Crazy!! Think I'm about ready to crawl back into my hole :) lol Wishing you the
    best date evah!!!! :):):)
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss and your upcoming date! That's awesome and I hope you have a lot of fun on your date. You deserve it!

I've been going through a trying divorce the last 6 months and I am in no hurry for a relationship but I am at the point where a date every now and then would be nice ... if the right guy (aka someone over the age of 30) would ask me. lol
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    if Wednesday's date doesn't work out, will you marry me Saturday? :flowerforyou:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    You will have to let us know how it goes. I hope you have a grand time.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Hope you have fun!
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    WB 10/10
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    That a way, get back in the game.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    alright, this is my kinda post!!!!! good luck on your date and hope you get laid!

Laid well we want the lady to be well laid.

Have fun, dont put too many expectations into dating, (assuming you are hetero) remember they are men so the least expectations the better, dont treat it like it's an interview, let a big one rip on the first date to assess date's sense of humor, and have ice cream on a cone together to assess his ability with cunnilingus.

Oh and pay for nothing