Hi! I'm new here!

I am a 35 year old female. I am currently 175lbs size 14 and 5'6". I am a type 1 diabetic completely natural. I have known I was diabetic since I was 6 years old. So I don't have issues with sugars or carbs, I do however have some major problems with calories and fat.

In the past four years I have dropped ten dress sizes from a size 24 to a 14. I am quite proud of that and up until some months ago I was very happy with my body. Then one day I literally woke up and something had changed I was no longer happy with my body and I was quite disgusted by it. I'm not exactly what happened but I would like to feel like confiedence again. I'm not exactly use to hating my body.

I have joined a gym and work with a personal trainer a couple of days a week and work out on my own during the times. I also do ab workouts at home on my off days. I leave the gym feeling sweaty and tired like I've just kicked my butt. But then I get out to the vehicle and I feel like I didn't do well enough that I didn't give it my all. I feel like something is wrong with me mentally to keep thinking that.

I keep thinking I want this as I near my breaking point when working out, how bad I want to lose these 40 lbs brings me to tears some days.

All I want is to be fit and healthy and have my diabetes be less of a painstaking hassle to deal with for the first time in my life.

Anyone else ever feel or think these thoughts?

Replies

• dukebluern
    dukebluern Posts: 9 Member
    I'm sure every one has doubts and disappointments. I'm not a diabetic, but I can imagine what it must be like. I admire your determination, and I'm certain you will reach your goal. After all, you are more accustomed than most to monitoring your diet and activity. Your recent weight loss is even more proof that you can do this!

Don't forget to do something fun, take care of yourself, and enjoy!