150 lbs weight loss -Paying the Price

Options
MFP friends.... 47... I've been at it for 3.5 years and lost over 150 lbs with calorie counting, aerobics and weight training. As I got closer to my goal weight the worse I looked .... and the worse I looked the worse I felt about my body and the harder it became to stay focused on my health and fitness journey. No matter what I did the excess skin was out of control. Two weeks ago I got a belt lipectomy surgery to remove the excess skin and repair the situation. I am happy with the surgery but was taken aback by the gore and the pain. To date though, very happy about the results, much of which wont be fully evident for a long time. Unfortunately I got pneumonia from the surgery and the coughing in combination wit the stiches has been crazy painful.

Anyway, if anyone is considering the same and wants to talk about it or if you just want to add another firend to your list... I am happy to chat about it always.

Replies

• Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Very impressive you were able to maintain your goals... congratulations and good luck to you recovering. Good Health awaits you!!:wink:
  • dukebluern
    dukebluern Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck and lipo about 15 years ago, when I was in great shape. It was the worst pain ever. I will never forget how it felt.

The pain will go away, over time. I think you will be happy in the end.

Stay strong!