Looking to change my workout

Options
Hi, all:
I am currently down 69 pounds and would like to change my workout to get the scale moving back in the right direction again.
Here is what I do currently:
1. Circuit training/lifting weights 3-4 days a week.
2. Cardio 30-45 minutes 3-6 days a week. I like the elliptical, treadmill, and rower.
Any insight is appreciated.

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I'll be curious to see what other people say, but you could just up the intensity of your current workout. It's stated in really general terms.

Ultimately, what people may end up saying is that weight loss is all about your food intake. It's so much more efficient, just in terms of day spent out of your day, to experiment with the intake portion of the calorie balance rather than the output. The vast majority of the calories you burn during a week come from just living your life. Attempting to move the scale by altering your workout can be a bit like pulling teeth.

Also since your diet is relevant here, your diary appears to be closed. If you'd like input on that from the mob, you'd probably want to open that up.

EDIT: My personal opinion of your exercise is that is that it seems more than sufficient, based on how you describe it.
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do 4 bootcamps a week. During the bootcamp the trainers kick my butt with cardio (ladders, butt kicks, sprints) and a mix of TRX (rows, pushups, planks, atomic pushups, squats) and also floor pushups, squats, jump squats, planks, burpies, wall sits, kettlebell, medicine ball work, situps etc. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Find a place that does bootcamps and kicks your butt!

I also do 30DS 3-5 times a week. I do it on my off days from bootcamp and then a few other days.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If you gym offers classes maybe try taking one of those. My gym has tons of classes that I take when I find myself getting bored with the same routine.
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I would change up your diet, possibly increasing protein. Your body will get used to your diet and exercise routine. When you lift there are a number of ways you can change up your routine. Try doing drop sets until muscle failure or instead of resting between sets do cardio like mountain climbers to keep your heart rate up.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hi, all:
    I am currently down 69 pounds and would like to change my workout to get the scale moving back in the right direction again.
    Here is what I do currently:
    1. Circuit training/lifting weights 3-4 days a week.
    2. Cardio 30-45 minutes 3-6 days a week. I like the elliptical, treadmill, and rower.
    Any insight is appreciated.

I was going to suggest a few of my favorite workouts (Zumba, Turbo Fire fwiw), but since you say you like the elliptical, treadmill, and rower, I'd suggest sticking with those and just increasing incline, speed and/or resistance. And up your weights in strength training when you can. Basically, just work a little harder at what you are already doing.