Carrot Smoothie

Lilliesmom2010
Lilliesmom2010 Posts: 52
edited September 21 in Recipes
Carrot Smoothie

Diabetes-Friendly
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 55, Saturated Fat: 0g, Sodium: 16mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 0g, Carbs: 13g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Protein: 1g

Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Rest Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Ingredients

* 1 cup(s) carrot(s), sliced
* 1 cup(s) orange juice
* 1 1/2 cup(s) ice cubes
* 1/2 teaspoon orange peel, finely shredded

Preparation
1. In a covered small saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Cool.

2. Place drained carrots in a blender. Add finely shredded orange peel and orange juice. Cover and blend until smooth. Add ice cubes; cover and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses. If desired, garnish with orange peel curls.

Replies

• How many servings does this recipe make? Is it for 1? Thanks
  • How many servings does this recipe make? Is it for 1? Thanks

I'm sorry I didn't see that it didn't post that... this recipe is for 3 servings!
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Sounds good! I am gonna have to try!
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187

Preparation
    1. In a covered small saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Cool.

Why bother to drain them you are throwing away some of the vitamins?

• Preparation

Why bother to drain them you are throwing away some of the vitamins?

Ya know, I was thinking about that and I'd rather steam them then to boil the carrots. Or even try to steam them in the microwave in those steam bags.
  • This seems... intersting. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.