Low carb, high protein.... HELP !!!

Options
13»

Replies

• gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It could be because I just started this and have not hit ketosis yet, but restricting to 1200/day(doctor's orders btw) and <50 on the carbs is not an easy task.... so for now, it's what I have to do to get by. It was just friendly suggestion. :-)
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    It could be because I just started this and have not hit ketosis yet, but restricting to 1200/day(doctor's orders btw) and <50 on the carbs is not an easy task.... so for now, it's what I have to do to get by. It was just friendly suggestion. :-)

True, when first starting out it takes a while to get your hunger stabilized. :)
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    With that said, I've only been doing this a few days. I have become very creative in the kitchen trying to keep the menu interesting, but I'm encouraged by the fact that my doctor supports this "diet". Yes, I used the D-word, because I realize it's not a long-term solution. I'm also unable to do much cardio right now, so I'm not burning carbs off like some people. At some point, I'll increase the carbs with more activity, after I've dropped another 20 lbs. Would probably still have to watch them as I don't burn off carbs/sugar like I'm supposed to.

Low Carb/High protein/high fat is recommended for children with epilepsy (Ketogenic Diet) when medicine doesn't work. Doctors recommed eating this way more than most people realize but even these children remain on it for usually 3 or 4 years longest.
  • jkgraff
    Options
    Remember you must increase your fat intake, moderate protein, very important if you restricting carbs to that level. Otherwise when you go in to ketosis, you won't have any dietary fat to burn. Yes you will burn your own fat, but not at first. Besides you want to eat during this initial stage.