What's your favorite light side with salmon?

FitCanuckChick
FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
Just wondering - I typically have it with a lighter side (ok - salad) becasue I find salmon heavy and filling itself. So, what is your favorite light side with poached salmon? Need some salmon inspiration. Thanks!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    strawberry spinach salad.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    aspara goose
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Roasted Brussels sprouts.

Or broccoli sauteed in garlic & olive oil.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Zucchini and onion sauteed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    strawberry spinach salad.
    aspara goose

These are both excellent suggestions.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    roasted asparagus

or

side salad
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Roasted asparagus tossed in olive oil and minced garlic.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    I like to take a romaine heart, cut it in half, drizzle it with a teeny bit of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle some coarse ground black pepper on it, and grill it. Then I slice the salmon and lay it on top, and drizzle 1 TBSP of this amazing toasted sesame and ginger dressing I have, or my own homemade balsamic on it. YUMMY!!! I actually have chicken, pork, and other meats on top of grilled romaine as well. It's a little different than just having a plain salad - mixes it up a bit.
  • Minx675
    Minx675 Posts: 30 Member
    Rosted asparagus or a grilled veggie skewer (sweet peppers, onions and mushrooms)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Broccoli or asparagus. Or both.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    I like to take a romaine heart, cut it in half, drizzle it with a teeny bit of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle some coarse ground black pepper on it, and grill it. Then I slice the salmon and lay it on top, and drizzle 1 TBSP of this amazing toasted sesame and ginger dressing I have, or my own homemade balsamic on it. YUMMY!!! I actually have chicken, pork, and other meats on top of grilled romaine as well. It's a little different than just having a plain salad - mixes it up a bit.

Yum - I will have to try this.

And, BRUSSEL SPROUTS. I like brussel sprouts. Gonna have to get me some of those.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    quinoa and some kind of vegetable. Or a light whole grain english muffin with butter.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    arugula, shredded raw chiogga beets, a spray of olive oil and some feta cheese.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    lightly sauteed green beans with cherry tomatoes cut in half and diced garlic

or

lightly sauteed asparagus with garlic salt,pepper,lemon juice and parmesan shavings on top
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    If you have carbs room in your food for the day, I love couscous with salmon.
  • Dr_Gains
    Dr_Gains Posts: 81 Member
    asparagus and some of them green beans!!!!! put some of that garlic and herb seasoning on them... mmmmmmm
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Rice Pilaf!
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    roasted baby potatoes with herb de provence is you eat carbs or asparagus with some grated lemon zest and parm.
  • Kar85830
    Kar85830 Posts: 5 Member
    I like to bake some asparagus with salk and pepper, garlic, and eggs. Super Yummy!