If every day were like today you'd weight ??? in 5 weeks

Options
Hi everyone,

I don't really know much about nutrition tdee, bmr etc but I am about 3kgs from my goal weight and am quite happy as things are. I googled my tdee and bmr and due to my height (a pixie is taller than me) and my lazy assed lifestyle it reckons I should eat around 1100 per day. I have been keeping to around this, had some great days and some rubbish days but 5 days out of 7 I'm generally spot on.

I have been working out and eating most my calories back. I know people say about eating more to avoid this starvation mode but as the tdee says 1100 I think it is right for me. I have been successful with this so far by having a slow and gradual weight loss.

Anyhoo, the problem is I have been logging everything I eat daily and as I have lost some weight, when I finish logging the magic line that's says: 'if every day was like today you would be .... In 5 weeks' now tells me I would be the same weight as I am now. Does this mean I need to eat less? I think less than 1100 is pretty low and I like my little sweets whilst staying within the limits.

If anyone can please give some advice I would be very grateful. Also I'm not very technical with this healthy eating malarkey so please give me answers I'll understand lol.

Thank you!

Becki

Replies

• HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    How often do you work out? Seems like you are closer to your goal weight so things are tending to be a little tougher now, digging in the heels.
    Try NOT eating back your exercise calories for one or two days per week, and having 7 spot-on days per week for just one week (don't binge on weekends). Just try that for one week. Let us know how you do.
    and even though you say a pixie is taller than you, 1100 cals a day seems a little low. especially when you say you work out? People in comas need more to survive than that. Maybe your metabolism has slowed down because of it. I'm 5"3 and I had completely stopped losing and I upped my calories from 1200 to around 1600-1700 per day and i started to lose again. go figure. Sometimes you just have to tweak things around to find the right style for you. Whatever you do, don't eat any less than you are now. please.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    'if every day was like today you would be .... In 5 weeks' now tells me I would be the same weight as I am now. Does this mean I need to eat less?

Yes. But that's based on numbers and calculations. MFP isn't smart, it has no common sense. All it does is the math based on a few numbers you give when you setup your profile and a few assumptions made with the formulas.

If you are seeing progress, then keep doing what you're doing. If not (and you are being patient enough with realistic expectations), then maybe it's time to tweak something.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    1100 is your BMR or your TDEE? I'm 5'2", 115 lbs and 56 years old. My BMR is 1194 so I can't imagine that yours is lower and you should be eating more than your BMR. Using TDEE with only a bit to lose you would be taking no more than 10% off your TDEE, even that is pushing it.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    1100 is your BMR or your TDEE? I'm 5'2", 115 lbs and 56 years old. My BMR is 1194 so I can't imagine that yours is lower and you should be eating more than your BMR. Using TDEE with only a bit to lose you would be taking no more than 10% off your TDEE, even that is pushing it.

Thanks for ur comments, sorry it is my bmr not tdee (see, I said I was rubbish at the technical stuff lol) mine came out at 1137 so that's what I've based my figures on. :)
  • Beckilovespizza
    Options
    'if every day was like today you would be .... In 5 weeks' now tells me I would be the same weight as I am now. Does this mean I need to eat less?

Yes. But that's based on numbers and calculations. MFP isn't smart, it has no common sense. All it does is the math based on a few numbers you give when you setup your profile and a few assumptions made with the formulas.

If you are seeing progress, then keep doing what you're doing. If not (and you are being patient enough with realistic expectations), then maybe it's time to tweak something.

Thanks for your reply, maybe it am trying to run before I can walk lol, probably just impatient and listening to numbers/calculations too much. Maybe I should up the workouts a little bit and like u said, keep doing what I'm doing. Thanks for the advice!
  • Beckilovespizza
    Options
    How often do you work out? Seems like you are closer to your goal weight so things are tending to be a little tougher now, digging in the heels.
    Try NOT eating back your exercise calories for one or two days per week, and having 7 spot-on days per week for just one week (don't binge on weekends). Just try that for one week. Let us know how you do.
    and even though you say a pixie is taller than you, 1100 cals a day seems a little low. especially when you say you work out? People in comas need more to survive than that. Maybe your metabolism has slowed down because of it. I'm 5"3 and I had completely stopped losing and I upped my calories from 1200 to around 1600-1700 per day and i started to lose again. go figure. Sometimes you just have to tweak things around to find the right style for you. Whatever you do, don't eat any less than you are now. please.

Thank you for your reply, I work out approx 2-3 times a week and try to avoid driving at the weekends, my job is a desk job and I am stuck at the computer most the day. I will try as you suggested to not eat the calories back and see if that helps? I don't think I could eat less, I live food and that's why when I work out I treat myself to yummy stuff. Thanks for your tips, I will try them out and let ya know. It is difficult when there is only a little bit to lose. Thanks :)
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    What do you set your activity level at? Because I'm 5'1" and 145lbs. (my goal is to lose around 20lbs. When I set my activity level low I got 1100 calories a day. But unless you don't move all day, then your activity level should be higher then sedentary. Right now I'm on light activity, that makes a good mix for me and sets my goal calorie intake to 1500.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Options
    What do you set your activity level at? Because I'm 5'1" and 145lbs. (my goal is to lose around 20lbs. When I set my activity level low I got 1100 calories a day. But unless you don't move all day, then your activity level should be higher then sedentary. Right now I'm on light activity, that makes a good mix for me and sets my goal calorie intake to 1500.

I set my activity level at sedentary because I don't move around much, then when I work out I usually eat the calories back. Not sure if this is the right thing to do. I'm 5ft and 108lbs at the moment.