What candy will you be handing out this Halloween?

Options

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Taking our babes trick or treating then stealing their candy when they go to sleep.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I usually just buy the huge bag from Costco and once it's gone, I turn my light off. I do pick a few of my favorites out but I won't buy the candy too far in advance either so I can't eat it all!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    whatever i have in my basement. the little kiddies will have to come get it. if they don't i will give the dreaded opened poisoned candy my mother warned me about
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    This year we are doing a dip and roll caramel apple bar... So I pre dip the caramel apples then when the kids get here I warm them up and roll them in whatever the kid wants... chocolate chips, coconut, m&ms, peanuts, chopped up snickers... etc.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I feel like "candy apples & razor blades" will get me too much hate on here.

But yeah, candy apples & razor blades.

Always a good fall back.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    These suck! That is all.

halloween-kisses.jpg
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Dum-Dums and candy bar mix
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    mini boxes of raisins.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I usually just buy the big variety bags and give a small handful. Never thought of having two seperate bowls, one for fruit candy and one for chocolate. Excellent idea and I'll be stealing it.

i like to give one of each. i remember as a kid the houses where you got the best treats (and the ones who gave bad ones *grumble*) and since i don't get too many trick or treaters around here, i figure why not be remembered for giving two good ones?

to this day, i can still remember fondly the one house that gave FULL size chocolate bars one year. the big ones, not the normal sized ones. that was like hitting the jackpot as a kid. :happy:

Why dafuq do I always hear people talk about that one neighbor who handed out full size candy bars? I clearly was deprived of my childhood.
    Yes, I fondly remember houses like that, but for every house that gave you a big chocolate bar, there were 10 others that gave you a crappy apple or (worse) those hideous toffee things wrapped in the orange and black wrappers. :angry:

just a reminder to how a big a deal this was when we were kids, adults are still complaining about bad candies they got as kids. :laugh:

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/2012/10/21_worst_halloween_candies_of_all_time.php

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/definitive-list-of-best-and-worst-halloween-candy

of course, everyone has their own preferences and i like some of what is listed there.
    Yes, it was traumatic and it was more than justified to wrap their trees in toilet paper when they were trying to pawn off that cheap crap as candy. :tongue:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    mini boxes of raisins.
    I'm not going to your house. :angry: :wink:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    mini boxes of raisins.

And you own the house I used to egg.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Rasins
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    mini boxes of raisins.

bwhahahahahaha this happened to my Mom one year because she was on this damn "no sugar" kick and sure enough out of the whole neighborhood we had a pile of raisins at our door step and broken eggs.

Yup I dont blame kids though I'd egg and TP the raisin house too
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    A mix of fun size chocolate candy bars, if I can find them. I hid them from myself!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    We don't get trick-or-treaters in our apartment complex :sad: Can't wait to have a real house with a neighborhood one day...
  • arghbowl
    Options
    mini boxes of raisins.

bwhahahahahaha this happened to my Mom one year because she was on this damn "no sugar" kick and sure enough out of the whole neighborhood we had a pile of raisins at our door step and broken eggs.

I also put fish sticks in mailboxes. Nothing says "Screw you and your healthy snacks on Halloween" like finding an 18 hour old fish stick.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    ummmmm....

pears.jpg

apples.jpg

:)

*Prepared for:* toilet-paper-house-and-trees.jpg
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    mini boxes of raisins.

I also put fish sticks in mailboxes. Nothing says "Screw you and your healthy snacks on Halloween" like finding an 18 hour old fish stick.
    And countered with whipped cream filled water balloons!
  • arghbowl
    Options
    mini boxes of raisins.

And countered with whipped cream filled water balloons!

Those sound delicious.
  • matthew67899
    matthew67899 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I go to the Dollar Store and spend $10-15 on those snack size candy bars. You get 8-10 of them in a package for a dollar. That's usually more than enough even if I give two candy bars to each kid. One year I didn't have anyone at my door for the whole last half hour for trick or treating and had probably 20 still left. Just as the horn sounded to end the trick or treat hours I was heading to my door to turn off the lights and one little boy was walking up my sidewalk. I met him at the door and said "Hold that bag open wide young man!"....and dumped whatever was left in my candy bowl into his bag. He ran down the sidewalk and yelled out "MOM this house rocks!!!" :happy: