Time to introduce myself

Options
Working mum of 4 kids turning 40 in 364 days. My eldest is 12 and youngest is 3.5. I lost loads of weight before I had my eldest through Rosemary Connoly classes. Gained it all back plus more when pregnant with my eldest, lost most of it then fell pregnant again. With my last 2 weight gain much less. Have been battling with depression which has not helped my weight either.
As a working mum I have very little time to go to the gym.
I want to lose weight to be healthy for my kids and to feel better about myself.
I started counting calories myself in July and started to exercise a little each night using biggest lower on xbox. Then decided to look for an app to track my food. Found MFP application then discovered the website and forum.

I did race for life in the summer with some friends and walked it. My dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer so Next year Iwant to try and jog it (running maybe a bit ambitious we will see ).

I started in July at 175 lbs. Am continuing to exercise every evening (except for Thursday ). I am only doing Nike trainer and your shape but I can not afford the gym and really do not have the time either. Next spring I hope to be near target weight and start jogging/running to do race for life for my Dad.

Well done to anyone who managed to get through my life history :-)
Feel free to add me.

Replies

• CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Happy to encourage you and recieve a bit too!
  • izWHATitIz
    izWHATitIz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You have just found the right place with the right people. Plenty of encouragement and motivation can be found here. Myself, I'm actually working to be a certified trainer/coach while on my own weight loss journey. Wanted to get more educated so I can help myself along with helping others. I also have 4 kids that I want to better my health so I can see the enjoy the fruits of life. My first words of encouragement are that every step you take moves you that much closer to your goal and as long as you keep the small changes and make sure they stay consistent (key word) you reach your goals. I'll add you as a friend and help keep you in check.