Your car will not beat my car!

Options
twinketta
twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
. Lamborghini Veneno – $3.9 million

So how much does a carbon-fiber monocoque chassis and carbon-fiber-reinforced-polymer bat-mobile cost? How about $3.9 million (3 million euros or 2.6 million pounds) and only 3 will be made and sold. All of them are already sold, so chances of ever seeing one, is slim to none.

Really, just joking..how does someone spend that amount of money on a car...jeez!!!

My car is a Peugeot?

What do you drive??

Replies

• stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Nissan Sentra!

because all the cool kids have nissans.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Nice looking car!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    wowwww. and I was crying over the sticker price on my car. 2013 toyota corolla S because I love boring reliability! in all seriousness I do love my car, I test drove everything else in the class and gave it all a big thumbs down. I guess if I had 4 mill to drop on a car that would be the one to do it on....
  • twinketta
    Options
    Your car is a great car too, a nice look!

Even if I won the lotto I could not spend all that money on a car...it is just crazy....what do people need from their car.

Glad you girls have normal cars like I do...but am sure some MFP`ers have top of the range stuff :grumble:
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yeh I wouldn't doubt it lol
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Nissan Sentra!

because all the cool kids have nissans.

Sweet! Me too!
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It does look very "Bat Mobile Ish"
    20130304_lamborghini-veneno_612m.jpg

But I like my Audi S4. Especially at 1.5% of the cost.
    191240.jpg
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Really, just joking..how does someone spend that amount of money on a car...jeez!!!

Because they can!

I've got a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with close to 230,000 miles on it (you read that right). I love it.

I also have a '97 Miata that's the fun convertible that is driven ONLY in nice weather.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Bugatti Veyron super sport, well. it's my ex bf's.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    My Alfa Romeo Giulietta has just gone back to the lease company (cries into beer!) and am waiting for an Audi A3 (Cheers into beer!). I will miss the Alfa though....

Alfa_Romeo_Giulietta_front_20100704.jpg
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    If you make 100 million a year, that is 3.9% of that. Compared to someone who makes 25 thousand a year buying a car for 975.bucks.

After a certain level of income, you really start to have issues figuring out what to blow money on if you have a lot of liquidity.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    none of these fly so you all lose...losers!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Around a tight track, (when I get around to replacing the injectors), my car may well beat said car.
    It's not even that powerful, but at 450kg should gets around tight stuff very competitively.

The lambo is likely to lose out in almost all situations to cars like the Radical RX8, which are much sportier.

And yes, as above - they are mostly status symbols for those that have enough money that's it's the same as someone on less getting an inner-city gym contract for a year.

My 'daily' car is a 90s (E36) BMW M3, again needs a little work. Otherwise a Vito van. Or currently. a large motorhome and a push bike for local stuff :).
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My everyday car is a 2011 Ford Taurus SEL. A very nice car that everyone else seems to love but I hate. It's just not me. My play car is a 96 Ford Bronco. That I love. 3 of my last 4 cars were Mustangs (94-96, 1 GT & 2 Cobra's)
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Still driving my 2010 Wrangler.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    27543203.jpg

:wink:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    This is my baby.

dada0a26-0063-44ac-a5c4-097d7691091d_zpsb39540f4.jpg

074ba465-be15-48a3-9c1d-f5cadaee0bed_zps87004f8e.jpg

I do love my British cars. This one is number 5 of 5 made in this colour - it is a special edition 'monogram'.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    dream car Gotta be an Audi R8 V10 plus.... every day car Audi A1 Sport :0)
  • Chrisschumm
    Options
    Bugatti Veyron SS 270 mph max... will eat the lambo @ 221 mph max ... lol

unfortunately the Bugatti's tires cost more than my 07 ram cummins pickup lol
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    1994 Toyota Supra... 977whp