Maintaining is the same as losing!

There is still a calorie limit to maintain. If you want to eat more calories you have to earn it by exercising. Simple. Basic.

Replies

• Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    There is still a calorie limit to maintain, but in my case, :drinker: that calorie limit is greater than what I had when I was losing.
  • :noway:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Thanks captain obvious.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    10 months after joining... strong first post, lol.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    oh no, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I give up. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    I agree. And while it seems obvious I think a lot of people fail to grasp this.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    There is still a calorie limit to maintain. If you want to eat more calories you have to earn it by exercising. Simple. Basic.

even when you are bulking there is still a 'simple caloric limit to maintain'. You can't eat endless mounds of food- me trying to eat 5000 calories to bulk would just make me obese. My bulking still has a calorie goal to hit.

having a caloric limit/range/goal is true for everything- that doesn't mean it's maintenance.

having a set goal for intake does NOT indicate your end goal.

it just means you know how much you are supposed to be eating for whatever reason.

not sure if confused or sarcastic or joking.. or insert futurama Fry face meme.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    having a set goal for intake does NOT indicate your end goal.

it just means you know how much you are supposed to be eating for whatever reason.

Just belaboring this point here...
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    It's not the same as you get more daily calories and are maintaining not losing weight.

:huh:
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    This is obvious. But some can't grasp the whole concept of bumping up calories to maintenance and having to still eat back workout calories to maintain.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    This is obvious. But some can't grasp the whole concept of bumping up calories to maintenance and having to still eat back workout calories to maintain.

This is so obvious now but I was either "on" or "off" a diet in the past, I had NO CLUE what it cost to run my body. It does seem obvious now that I've been a part of this community for a while, you're right about not being able to grasp the concept. I guess it's because I was following a low carb diet before and I mistakingly believed my carbohydrate grams were to blame. It seems so stupid looking back.