PB2 Peanut Butter Powder - Yay or Nay?

Options

Replies

• missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! Im gonna order some right away :)
  • tryttej
    tryttej Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There's also this beast called Better'n Peanut Butter that is the same idea--de-fatted peanuts-- only in butter form. 100 calories for 2TB. I'm not a huge protein shake girl, so I like this product as I want a good ol' PBJ every once in a while.

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.php
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like adding it to recipes like smoothies but I did try mixing it together with water and making "peanut butter" and I thought it was disgusting that way.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    The thought of a powdered PB skeeves me out.

Give me the real stuff calories and all any day.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    it you use it to mix into stuff cookies, protein shake etc

YAY

if you use it as peanutbutter like a PB&J

NAY

This!! x1000000!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love it! I haven't made a sandwich with it yet, but this morning I mixed some up and ate it with a banana cut into pieces. SO good! The chocolate kind tastes like if you were to mix pb and nutella. Very good!
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2! I like to mix the chocolate PB2 with plain greek yogurt and then add a banana. So freaking good.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I finally tried it last week......I was surprised that it was actually good. I'd heard about it, thought it would be terrible, and it was decent.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There's also this beast called Better'n Peanut Butter that is the same idea--de-fatted peanuts-- only in butter form. 100 calories for 2TB. I'm not a huge protein shake girl, so I like this product as I want a good ol' PBJ every once in a while.

+1
    This stuff is yum. I actually prefer it over the real deal these days.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    it you use it to mix into stuff cookies, protein shake etc

YAY

if you use it as peanutbutter like a PB&J

NAY

^^This!^^

To re-constitute it you add water .....water + toast, water + crackers .....blech!

Really good in oatmeal, added to pancake batter, stirred into vanilla greek yogurt, etc.
  • TeaBea
    Options

+1
    This stuff is yum. I actually prefer it over the real deal these days.

Yeeech (IMO). This has goopy texture and tastes nothing like peanut butter.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and put it in my oatmeal in the morning. I don't think I want to try anything artificial, but it sounds like many of you like it.

PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter Ingredients:
    Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.

Basically they take peanuts and press the oil out. Peanut oil is then sold as a separate product.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. I mix 12g (1 serving) with just enough water to make it thick like a paste. I smear that on a slice of pumpernickle/rye swirl toast. Even makes a pretty darn good PB&J sandwich.
  • huge2fan2
    huge2fan2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 in protein shakes! Yay!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    If you're cool with added sugar and salt, go for it. The stuff's like crack.

But if you're willing to buy plain old defatted peanut flour, it's the same thing with nothing added. You'll pay MUCH less and you can add your own sweetness if you so desire.

Just look for peanut flour if you're interested. :)

Have you looked at the pb2 label? No added sugar. Ok,..a bit in the chocolate kind, but in the regular....no added sugar.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    So far I put it in oatmeal and vanilla Greek yogurt. I thought about putting it in my protein shakes before remembering that it doesn't dissolve. On things like toast or carrots or something beyond just the flavor, I stick with a natural and/ or extra crunchy.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If you're cool with added sugar and salt, go for it. The stuff's like crack.

But if you're willing to buy plain old defatted peanut flour, it's the same thing with nothing added. You'll pay MUCH less and you can add your own sweetness if you so desire.

Just look for peanut flour if you're interested. :)

Have you looked at the pb2 label? No added sugar. Ok,..a bit in the chocolate kind, but in the regular....no added sugar.

Just checked the label on my PB2. It's got sugar in the ingredients list.
  • sanje16
    sanje16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a peanut butter lover too...I only use it for shakes. There is also a Chocolate PB2...also great for shakes.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Yay! I eat it several times a week! It's great with apples or bananas.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bought this item for first time and I loved it made lunch sandwich with it and really enjoyed it with spreadable fruit.I can not wait to find chocolate PB2